Need an 'official translator'...HELP!

london2ba

Registered
I have an appointment to register the birth of my son and have just read some useful threads on this site about the process in more detail.

As my husband and I are both English with enough Castellano to get by but in no way fluent I understand I will need to pay to hire a translator.

Anyone know where? How?

I have lots of Argentine friends who could accompany us so it's a shame we have to hire someone...any info on finding this service would be much appreciated.

Thanks

london2ba said:
I have an appointment to register the birth of my son and have just read some useful threads on this site about the process in more detail.

As my husband and I are both English with enough Castellano to get by but in no way fluent I understand I will need to pay to hire a translator.

Anyone know where? How?

I have lots of Argentine friends who could accompany us so it's a shame we have to hire someone...any info on finding this service would be much appreciated.

Thanks

if you have friends who could accompany you, there's no need to hire an official translator or anything like that. as long as you can understand the process (with the help of your friends) you're good to go

bebero said:
if you have friends who could accompany you, there's no need to hire an official translator or anything like that. as long as you can understand the process (with the help of your friends) you're good to go

Depending on who you get at the office (one of the three when I was there was nice, the other two were not), this could work. But if you don't get lucky, they might ask for a certified translator.

I needed one for my wedding, but took a friend instead and it was all good. Like many things, it just depends on the official.

Thanks all...good to know and thanks for the PMs too. I might try with an Argentine friend and see if we get lucky. If they send us away I'll hire someone. Thanks for recommendations.

Back