Need Help With My Movistar Mobile Internet!

robinho9

Registered
Hi all!

I just came back from Europe with a new mobile phone. After inserting my Movistar Prepago Sim-card my super slow but sufficient mobile internet connection isn't working anymore. It should work after switching on my mobile-data connection...the phone service works without problems. there's enough credit on it as well.

I worked fine before I left to Europe with my old phone (which also was from Europe). I just put the sim-card into the phone, activated the mobile-data and it worked like a charm.

those knuckleheads at Movistar are just giving me stupid looks and useless explainations ("call this number, they will help you"...aka fuck off, i don't know).

So i hope someone here knows how to configure the phone the right way so that it (the mobile internet option) works again.
Again, it's a Movistar prepaid card and i used to have "internet por $1 por dia"...i think now it's 1,95.
And I'm using an Android 4.2.2 phone.

thanks for any kind of advice!!

kind regards,
Robin

Hmm, think it's a settings issue. Check that all internet servers are set correctly on your phone.Movistar should tell you which are the correct ones (used to be something like gprs.unifon.com.ar)
PS: I send INTERNET sms to 2345 for a $7/week internet.

Doesn't work often on my Sony Xperia:

Seems to be a common complaint: http://baexpats.org/topic/26104-internet-with-movistar-not-working-on-htc-evo-design/page__hl__%2Bmovistar+%2Binternet

That's odd, with the Galaxy S3 I mean.
I'm on prepago and it has no trouble connecting to 3g, but hardly ever use it as the service is so crap.

when I first got here, I quickly learned a swear word ... movistar.

Back