Need Swiss Medical Doctor ASAP!

victoria

Registered
OK, I throw myself on the mercy of this forum since my Swiss Medical rep isn't moving too quickly.

Does anyone know a doctor who accepts Swiss Medical? They don't have to speak English .... I have a note from my dentist that explains what I need (a sedative prescription). I'm scheduled for a root canal on Monday and I won't get in the chair unless I'm sedated.

And no, I didn't receive my book listing physicians who work for S.M. and my Spanish is at the enfant level, so sifting through their Website is difficult, though I may give that a stab again.

Thanks!

You should go to their offices and talk to a representative, they most likely have an English speaking person, or even better, got their clinic on Pueyrredon ( to the ER ) and just get the doctor prescription for your sedative and proceed to the dentist. They tend not to be very responsive over the phone anyway.

Thank you responders ....

Why do I need sedatives? As a child I had a dentist who didn't use novacaine, had a slow drill and hated children.

My SM representative does speak English, she's just not responding in a timely manner.

I have been at the clinic on Pueyrredon ... aparently in Argentina most dentists are not considered medical doctors and they can't write prescriptions. I was told I had to get the prescription from a doctor.

victoria said:

Why do I need sedatives? As a child I had a dentist who didn't use novacaine, had a slow drill and hated children.

My SM representative does speak English, she's just not responding in a timely manner.

I have been at the clinic on Pueyrredon ... aparently in Argentina most dentists are not considered medical doctors and they can't write prescriptions. I was told I had to get the prescription from a doctor.
Yes, dentists cannot prescribe sedatives, just go to the clinic on Pueyrredon, see a regular doctor and get your prescription ( give the doctor your note, and tell him you just arrived to the country and just joined SM, etc ) then get your magic pills and proceed to the dentist :)

nikad said:
... just go to the clinic on Pueyrredon, see a regular doctor and get your prescription ...

They must have doctors that accept walk-in patients. It is called "consulta de demanda espontanea" or something like that. If it is not available you can even stop at emergency "la guardia" and ask to see a doctor, it is not such a big deal.

Thanks everyone ... I got the problem solved ... found a general number for SM and the person who answered could speak English ... so I have an appointment today.

victoria said:

A similar thing happen to me when I was a kid. Nowadays it's a lot better though. Whenever I do a root canal I don't feel a thing. Although I have to admit, the vibration and sound of that drill makes me really uncomfortable.

Back