new hope to meet up

ru99

Registered
hi we are ron and sandie
(scottish english) in our late 50s and at present travelling the world and will be in buenos aires from 7 dec to 7 jan renting apartment looking to have some fun or chit chats with other couples we are into golf soccer drinks and anything else that may come up so looking for advice where to meet people for weekends and what happens at xmas new year
hope to meet up or find pubs etc to go to
think put my first post in wrong place sorry

Hi Ron and Sandie,

As someone who has turned 50 {just ;)} and is living here now with my Argentine gf, we would be happy to meet you guys and help you find the bars and places to go. I'm originally from Ireland, via many years in England, support Liverpool, Stockport County and Racing Club de Avellaneda, so plenty to talk about there.

As for Xmas and New Year, that's a tough one. This will be my second Xmas here, and everything closes down here, as Argentines are very family orientated at the holidays, all heading to be with their loved ones, but on the plus side, unlike England, the whole place doesn't close down for 10 days, just the 24/25 and 31/1, but I am sure we can find something exciting for you to enjoy.

Where are you staying in BsAs, as that makes a difference as to local bars, restaurants etc., although public transport and taxi's are very inexpensive here, so not a major issue for getting around to the better places.

e have a group of ex-pats and locals who head out every Friday night for Frinks. Total mix in ages, with a number of us more mature souls (at least in age anyway), and total mix of nationalities, which is always fun, we always post the details on here, on the Expat Life Forum within this site.

Looking forward to meeting you on your travels.

Hi Liam
thanks for quck reply and will contact you when we arrive in BA and hope to meet up with you and rest of your squad lol
ron and sandi

Back