New In Ba

calisun

Registered
Hey Everyone,

I just moved to BA from the US. Just checking out the site and wanted to see what people have been getting into. What are people's favorite places for food (quick bite, late night, etc) and going out at night??

Does anyone know where I can buy an adapter for electronics in Palermo Viejo?? The place where I am staying uses the australian type and I do not have that one.

Thanks and look forward to chatting.

Hey Everyone,

I just moved to BA from the US. Just checking out the site and wanted to see what people have been getting into. What are people's favorite places for food (quick bite, late night, etc) and going out at night??

Does anyone know where I can buy an adapter for electronics in Palermo Viejo?? The place where I am staying uses the australian type and I do not have that one.

Thanks and look forward to chatting.

Any electronics store will have adapters but if you just walk down any of the crowded avenues or plazas where there are street vendors, there will usually be a few people selling plug adapters.

If all your Australian electronic items work with 220 volts (look in their tags in back), it is simple.
Cut the old plugs with a scissor (after you unplug them), buy new plugs from any local hardware store and replace them.If they show 110 V then you need a transformer from 220 v to 110 v.
Go to LA CASA DEL TRANSFORMADOR in Parana St and B Mitre. Check for the items with the maximun power needed (it is measured in Watts or VA).
An Iron may need 1500 Watts, for instance.

Don't know where Henry picked the aussie appliances idea but buying adapters is a better idea than start chopping heads left and right.
Also, you can find what we call "zapatillas" , an outlet multiplier with built in sockets that can handle three standards.

zapatilla-electrica-multinorma-4-tomas-ccorte-sin-cable_MLA-F-144586639_4194.jpg

If you need an iron, I recommend you do not use a power transformer but buy a local unit. Safer.
A power transformer for that kind of appliance is expensive and not that reliable. Regular ones, up to 350-500 are ok. Go for the black, heavy ones.

Back