New In Buenos Aires, From Wash Dc

carpenrj

Registered
hey all,

i moved here a few days ago and live in alamgro. thought i'd say hey.

i like to play tennis and rock climb. are they climbing gyms around?

looking forward to being involved with this group.

ryan

Hi Ryan, my name's Alyssa and I moved here a month ago from Washington DC after living there for 6 years. I live to the west of the city in the neighborhood of Floresta. I've been to a climbing wall downtown somewhere, but you really have to go to Patagonia or the North for some good climbing. Anyways, welcome to BA. Are you here studying or for work?

thanks both.

im here for study, first. i speak very little spanish and will be learning / have started to learn (kinda, 2 days in). i also live with very few english speakers so it will force me to talk... i know a few locals from my time in DC.

alyssa, how was it? would you go back?

Ahh, in the very first, punto cumbre, there is a famous trainer Kevin Thaw from UK, he is a part of north face team of athletes and very very good trainer

thanks for the suggestions, i'll prb check out punto cumbre first as it is a bit closer to my place and school. i do not have a harness right now (it is getting shipped) but do have my shoes, i like to boulder anyway. both places have bouldering?

I was talking to the man who runs the climbing wall in Peru Beach (http://peru-beach.com.ar/sitio/) and he tells me it caters for all levels and is the best in the country. At weekends Peru Beach tends to get very crowded but its fairly quiet during the week.

Back