New in town

Rebekah

Registered
Hello ,

Im Rebekah from France.......or say New York....
Lived the last 5 years in the big apple....now Im here in BA for my work.

I would like to get to know other New Yorkers or expats.

I have a few questions to start with:
Anywhere you can buy Ben and Jerry icecream?
(Sick of the local stuff here)

Secondly, I need to buy dollars for paying down a deposit in my apartment....
Need to buy around 2500 USD.....anyone that wanna sell that amount to me for a more than good rate at around 4,80-4,90?
(The official is at around 4.60)

Hope to hear from you....

Becky

Bienvenue,

No B&J here, there used to be localy produced Häagen Dasz but haven't seen them in a long time. They were not particularly good or varied.
Where are you located, maybe someone can recommend a good ice cream parlor nearby.

Check the threads in the Expat Life section, everybody is doing their best to get $6+ for their bucks.

A bientôt.

Iznogud said:
Bienvenue,

No B&J here, there used to be localy produced Häagen Dasz but haven't seen them in a long time. They were not particularly good or varied.
Where are you located, maybe someone can recommend a good ice cream parlor nearby.

Check the threads in the Expat Life section, everybody is doing their best to get $6+ for their bucks.

A bientôt.

Hi....

Thanks....

But really cannot eat the awfull icecream from here, impossible!
I think America makes the best icecream on the earth!

Regarding the money change..: I would be willing to go up to 4.95 or 4.97 peso per dollar!

Any good restus ala American diner here, or maybe American steak restus?
The Argentinians are so without any flair I think.

Hope to meet a lot of fellow patriots here....
And, be able to join some kind of Expat event in the future too....

Thanks for your input

Becky

Becky, I´d be careful with someone offering/willing to take a 25%+ hit on the transaction you want to close.

Safety comes first.

Triple check the bills. And then again.

Rebekah,

You are going to find it impossible to buy dollars for much less than the current exchange of ~6.4 to 1. That's just the reality.

Hello Rebekah,

You seriously looking for American Steaks in Argentina?? I can understand the Ice Cream complaint (even if they have an strong tradition from the Italian "gelato") but the meet...

Anyway I'll give you a Spanish proverb "Entre gustos no hay disgustos" something like: "there's no accounting for taste"...

And the dollar stuff I'm even trying to get dollars in $ 5,8 rate and I tell you: It's almost impossible unless s.o wants to do a favor to you and earn less money than going to any exchange en Florida...

Welcome to the forum!

Daniel

I saw Hagen Dasz icecream in carrefour a couple of weeks ago.

Back