New mandate re money transfers?

Welp, looks like one of my WU accounts really doesn't like my husband. Early last year it stopped letting me send him money direct to his bank account, and as of today I can't send it for pickup in person (had to use my back up account). It's also now prompting me to verify my source of funds/work/etc. for any amount when I try to send to my bank account here. Things are changing, and if I had known that, I would had withdrawn more of my savings last time I was in the US...

Welp, looks like one of my WU accounts really doesn't like my husband. Early last year it stopped letting me send him money direct to his bank account, and as of today I can't send it for pickup in person (had to use my back up account). It's also now prompting me to verify my source of funds/work/etc. for any amount when I try to send to my bank account here. Things are changing, and if I had known that, I would had withdrawn more of my savings last time I was in the US...

I can't find anyone else on other BA forums talking about running into new issues with WU transfers. Has anyone recently transferred from a US bank account to an Arg bank account without issue? I usually send it to my wife here.
My last transfer was on March 20. No problem.

i have lived this nightmare in 2008. hsbc closed my account without warning. they said it wasn’t worth the trouble to satisfy US restrictions and the paperwork involved. at that time you only had to own property to have an arg account. it could be coming from the US or other countries. good luck

by the way wu is heavily monitored for remissions to mexico. i think 300.00 is the limit without verifying were the funds come from. i could be mistaken. its been a year since i sent money to colombia.

Just wondering if anyone with a Santander Rio account has had any probem completing WU transfers recently, especially if they have exceeded the previously mentioned limit of five million pesos and they are not registered with AFIP

I transfer from the US to my wife's Santander regularly. Last transfer was the 6th this month. Worried I'm next, haha.

Only if you are one of those who believe that overseas pension income is taxable here. Some are certain that it isn't. Others wonder why it wouldn't be.
The basic rule: when you are a tax resident in Argentina, Argentina taxes wordwide income, which will in general include pension income. Until now I have not seen any Argentine law that explicitly states that a foreign pension is not seen as taxable income,

On a personal level, it is necessary though to take a look at the bilateral tax agreement to see where (which type of) pension is taxed.

Example: when the pension is from Holland, the tax agreement states that the state pension will be taxed in the Netherlands and that employee pension (what we call: 2nd pension layer) will be taxed in Argentina, the latter of course only if it is determined that the (Dutch) person who (partially/fully) lives in Argentina is an Argentine tax resident (the rules regarding this are also in the tax agreement).

i just got another notice from santander rio about limit of transfers to 5 mill pesos per year ...yet this year i have a total of 7 transfers of 1000 dollars worth of pesos......i guess i will just wait till next month and see if another goes through....anyone else have this happen? what did you do about it?

It just crosses my mind that there may be no universal rule in play here. Just as banks set interest rates, credit limits etc based on what they believe they know about you, they may have an algorithm to determine how much money they are happy for any specific individual to transfer. That might explain the disparities here but not the calculations behind them.

Back