New to B.A. in a Couple Weeks

ahart

Registered
Hi all,

I´m a California native who will be moving to B.A. in a couple weeks. Just spent four months volunteering and taking TEFL/TESOL certification classes in Peru. Off to Paraguay for a couple weeks, and then Buenos Aires!

I´m very excited, and I´m looking for an apartment with my own room, in a good area and with good roommates.

Also looking for English-teaching jobs. As mentioned, I´m TEFL/TESOL certified, and I have a certificate in teaching business English and international exam preparation.

Would love to meet more people.

-Alexa

Hey Alexa -

What part of California are you from? My girlfriend and I are here from San Francisco and will be here until November before moving on to Uruguay. I´m also certified in TESOL and would love to hear about your teaching jobs elsewhere and here as I´m thinking of doing that at a later time when we´re not travelling around. Welcome to B.A.

Oh cool! I grew up in the suburbs of Los Angeles, went to school at UCSB, then took a job in SF. Loved SF, but I didn´t like my job. So, I quit to travel the world!

Uruguay sounds great. Can´t wait to go to the beaches there. Talk to you soon!

Hi Alexa,

I just moved to BA about two weeks ago from Los Angeles as well. I'm living with a friend in who is also from LA and we are in Palermo. I'm looking to meet new people and would love to meet up for a coffee or drink sometime once you get here! My email is [email protected]

Ciao
Haley

Hey Alexa,
I also grew up in the suburbs of LA,well the SFV. Send me a Pm when your in town.
I am always down to meet new people. I been living in BA for awhile now .

Besos
Steve

Hi Everyone,

I just moved here with my boyfriend for three months. We are both 28 and from L.A.. We don't know anyone here and would love to meet up with fellow Angelenos! We both know about 10 words in Spanish so I am assuming making local friends will be hopeless :)

ErinInBA said:
Hi Everyone,

I just moved here with my boyfriend for three months. We are both 28 and from L.A.. We don't know anyone here and would love to meet up with fellow Angelenos! We both know about 10 words in Spanish so I am assuming making local friends will be hopeless :)

I wouldn't say it will be hopeless to meet locals, I'm one and I've met several people from this forum and hanged out with them, and still do. If you guys have a female friend to introduce me we could do like a double date and make it a spanish lesson at the same time.. :p

Saludos, Mariano.

Back