New to BA!

tbp1012

Registered
Hello!

I moved to BA roughly three weeks ago from New York City (though I'm a Southern California native). I'm working at an internet/tech start-up in Belgrano and living in Palermo. I'm hoping to meet some new people while down here so just thought I'd post! I'm a really laid-back, outgoing guy looking to practice Spanish, explore the city and have some fun.

Also, I'm somewhat of a runner and have (ambitiously) decided to sign up for the Marathon here in October. Does anyone know of any good areas in the city to go on long runs? I've been running up Libertador and around Puerto Madero but would be curious to hear any other thoughts.

Saludos!
Tyler

hi tyler,
also a new yorker. just got here a few days ago to do a semester in law school at University of Palermo!

Tyler,
Welcome! On the river side of Puerto Madero, right by the statue of Lola Mora, there is the entrance to the Reserva Ecologica, a wildlife park that has a long corridor for running around it. I think that'll add a few miles to your route.
Alejandro.

Hey Tyler,

I moved to BA one month ago and i'm still looking to meet new people. I'm not quite a good runner but if you want to go out sometimes i'm in :)

Saludos!

tbp1012 said:
Hello!

I moved to BA roughly three weeks ago from New York City (though I'm a Southern California native). I'm working at an internet/tech start-up in Belgrano and living in Palermo. I'm hoping to meet some new people while down here so just thought I'd post! I'm a really laid-back, outgoing guy looking to practice Spanish, explore the city and have some fun.

Also, I'm somewhat of a runner and have (ambitiously) decided to sign up for the Marathon here in October. Does anyone know of any good areas in the city to go on long runs? I've been running up Libertador and around Puerto Madero but would be curious to hear any other thoughts.

Saludos!
Tyler

Welcome!

As someone who also loves to partake in the occasional 10k I found myself stuck at around the 43 min mark and unable to improve my time.

Three weeks ago my wife suggested I try a new route but only after 10 pm. The new route takes me down Juan B Justo across Santa Fe on to Libertador to the park and back again. Surprisingly, I managed to shave nearly TWO mins off my best time.

iPods not recommended!

Enjoy!

Back