New to BsAs

ckcurls

Registered
Hello all- my husband and I arrived in BsAs on Monday night and will be here until the beginning of June. I'm here for a short work assignment and my husband is along for the ride! We are staying in an Apart-Hotel (Loi Suites Arenales) and are disappointed that there is no stove!

Does anyone know if plug-in burners are sold here and if so, where is a great place to get one? Also, are laundromats common here? Any advice about that would be greatly appreciated!

Ciao!

When I was working while staying in large hotels, we often used an electric rice cooker to prepare simple meals. You can shred vegetables and steam them over the rice while the rice is cooking. The only place I have seen an electric rice cooker here in the large food store in Barrio Chino, on Mendoza between Arribenos and Montaneses. These electric rice cookers are Chinese. I'm still looking for a Japanese one here.

ckcurls said:
Hello all- my husband and I arrived in BsAs on Monday night and will be here until the beginning of June. I'm here for a short work assignment and my husband is along for the ride! We are staying in an Apart-Hotel (Loi Suites Arenales) and are disappointed that there is no stove!

Does anyone know if plug-in burners are sold here and if so, where is a great place to get one? Also, are laundromats common here? Any advice about that would be greatly appreciated!

Ciao!

Welcome to BA! My wife and I are new here, too -- right around the corner from you, actually. I have seen plug-in burners here -- I think just about every "kitchen supply" or home store would have them, although I have not specifically looked for one. If you walk down Av. Las Heras or Av. Pueyrredon (both in your area), I think you'll find one. Alternatively, there is a large western-style supermarket called Coto (there's a large one on French st, also near you) that has food but also clothes, appliances, housewares, etc.

And while I have seen self-serve laundromats in the less expensive neighborhoods, drop-off services are plentiful, and in Recoleta cost around 20 pesos per load for wash, dry, and free delivery if you request it when dropping off your clothes. Ask at the front desk of your hotel for a "lavanderia" or keep your eyes peeled while walking around -- you'll bump into tons. A "brand" of laundromat you'll see all over is "Lava Rap"

Good luck, and enjoy this beautiful city! Feel free to send a private message if I can clarify or (try to) help out with anything else!

Back