New Year Eve Party (Gala) in Buenos Aires?

jlsronce

Registered
I'm a thirty-something single guy trying to find a fancy New Years Eve party here in Buenos Aires. My idea is a formal party at a fancy hotel or a rooftop gala that will be fun and energetic but not be a "boliche" experience full of obnoxious 20 year olds. Anyone have any ideas they can pass along? Price is not an issue.

One difference between here and the states for new years when I was in my 30s, it's more celebrating w friends and family at home until 1 am, then going out to clubs. US tends to be more friends out at bars and clubs.
just my observation.

One difference between here and the states for new years when I was in my 30s, it's more celebrating w friends and family at home until 1 am, then going out to clubs. US tends to be more friends out at bars and clubs.
just my observation.
Yes, it appears you are correct. At least that is what I see the more I investigate. It doesn't look like I will find my New York City style party here. Still some good suggestions in that Clarin article Rich One posted. I will probably just do a dinner party thing then try to find a cool spot to go out afterwards. Thank you for your input.

Try the Alvear US$250 per person or other more frugal venues...!

That Alvear Icon one was definitely the best option for me. I called them... All full... I may show up at the hotel and try to Argentine my way in there with my backup plan being somewhere else in Puerto Madero.

You can try to hit the bar at four seasons hotel or at Hilton hotel. I usually hang there on lonely evenings. Tomorrow, i will be at bar at four seasons hotel, albeit in Sao Paolo

Where did you end up?

I’ve had a similar experience in BA...people tend to stay at home with family and friends through midnight and then head out to bars or discos. I wondered if the Alvear, Four Seasons were mostly tourists?

Back