Newbee!!

Cally

Registered
Hi all,

I signed up today as I will be joining you in 2 weeks for the foreseeable future!! I've been reading your posts and I suddenly feel less nervous! I'm sitting in the UK looking for CELTA jobs and flats but I'm wondering if this would be easier to do on arrival? Thoughts appreciated...

Speak soon!

Cally

There are lots of rooms to rent/flatshares on Craigslist if that's what you're looking for. You could probably line some up to see before you come. If you're looking to rent your own place, there are several agencies that rent to foreigners (have a look around some of the posts here, they're mentioned all the time) but it is more expensive than if you were a local. There are teaching jobs on craigslist too but I think most people find better opportunities once they're here and able to network...It's a start though!
Good luck!

I found this website today, that look helpful for helping to find accomodations in BA. I have contacted them today as I am looking for a short term let. Doing it on my own has proven too stressfull when you are new to the city.;)

hema247 said:
I found this website today, that look helpful for helping to find accomodations in BA. I have contacted them today as I am looking for a short term let. Doing it on my own has proven too stressfull when you are new to the city.;)
so where is the link?:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the posts everyone! Hema, you didn't actually say what the website you found was?! Would be really interested to know xx

I notice hema's post had "Spare rooms in BA" in the subject line, and a quick google check brought me this :)

I would get started now on craigslist, that way you have some places lined up for when you come... There are lots of rentals, but depends on your budget and area you want to live in.

Back