Newbie From Boston

richvide0

Registered
Hello Everyone,

This site was a great source of info for the last year as my girlfriend and I prepared to move to Rosario (barrio Fisherton) for a couple of years. I arrived last week and am settling in nicely. We are a couple of hours from BA but it still feels nice to connect with you all. Perhaps there are some folks in the Rosario area as well.

A little background; I worked in the Boston area as a video editor for 20 years and my g/f was a teacher in the greater Boston area for the last 10. She got offered a job here. We were both dissatisfied with our jobs, have no kids, no mortgage so we just said "why not" and she accepted the job.

I'm still freelancing for the company I worked for in Boston. Hopefully work will continue to trickle in. I would also like to work for someone local but I'm not sure what opportunities are out there. I only know a small amount of spanish. I am researching the best options around the area to take classes.

So I hope to be able to contribute to this forum on a regular basis. It should be quite interesting.

Best,
Rich

Welcome Rich! I just visited Rosario last weekend for the first time and it was lovely! Such a beautiful city, and really lively on the weekend. We went sailing on the Paraná River, it was great. Good luck with everything and enjoy your new town!

Freelance in Boston and live here, It's a great setup. Rosario, is where Lionel Messi is from.

Welcome Rich! I just visited Rosario last weekend for the first time and it was lovely! Such a beautiful city, and really lively on the weekend. We went sailing on the Paraná River, it was great. Good luck with everything and enjoy your new town!

Thank you. I am looking forward to getting out on the river as well whether it be by tour or by sailboat. Rosario seems like a really interesting place.

Freelance in Boston and live here, It's a great setup. Rosario, is where Lionel Messi is from.

I went to a Newell's Old Boys game last night. The place was rockin'. Loved the atmosphere. I must admit I don't have an intimate knowledge of soccer as I do american football, baseball and basketball but I plan on learning.

Back