Newbie question one million and one

tappanstbooks

Registered
I'm sure you are all sick of these questions, but you're so polite about answering them that I can't resist.

I'm considering renting an apartment for 6 weeks this Jan/Feb. The description says it's in Las Canitas, on Baez, near the Polo grounds and Av Libertador. Any thoughts?

I'm a 30-ish single woman. I'm interested in living in a safe spot. I'm not much of a club or bar hopper. I want to be in a place where I can get around the city fairly easily and have some green space to enjoy. I don't need to work about commuting to work.

Feedback gratefully accepted and appreciated.

Las Canitas would be a great neighborhood for you. It's quite "safe" (for a big, unsafe city like BA), centrally located, with numerous bars and cafes. The 3 de Febrero train station is walking distance away, which will take you to Retiro, where you can transfer to all of the subway lines. I have a few friends who live in that neighborhood, and they universally love it.
Best of luck!

Oh. And I meant to say that I'm a city girl from America. I can definitely hold my own, but I'd hate to put any of my self defense skills to use!

I have a friend there who is a single woman from a not so big city and she doesn't strike me as combat ready and she loves it.

It's a great area BUT double-check where exactly on Baez and find out if the apartment is frente (street facing) or contrafrente and what floor. The stretch on Baez between Chenault and Arevalo (especially by Jackie Ohs) can be quite noisy at night during the summer..

Thanks, citygirl. I did manage to check those details out: It's a rear facing apartment on the fifth floor.

Back