newcomer - member

katti

Registered
Just wondering, what makes someone a newcomer/member/active member / veretan on this forum?
:confused:

Number of posts.

I don't know what the threshold numbers are to move from one level to the next, however.

katti said:
Just wondering, what makes someone a newcomer/member/active member / veretan on this forum? :confused:
Don't know the other thresholds, but with 75 postings I am a "member" - not that it really matters.

John.St said:
Don't know the other thresholds, but with 75 postings I am a "member" - not that it really matters.

And you're not really a BA expat...

(not that it really matters...)

steveinbsas said:
And you're not really a BA expat...

(not that it really matters...)
There is a socalled expat club in Mendoza, it isn't for expats, but exclusively for extranjeros who run a bussiness in Provincia Mendoza - ought to sue them for using the name Mendoza Expats.

An' I ain't a genuine expat anymore, I have become a Mendocino, 'cause I have been accepted as a socio in "Club de gimnasia y esgrima" (not the football thingummyjig, but the real one) - ain't gonna buy more ties, though, the old regimental rag must suffice - they don't really know me, or else I had been blackballed by at least one member :cool: :D - more the worse for them.

katti said:
Just wondering, what makes someone a newcomer/member/active member / veretan on this forum? :confused:
I just found out that the next threshold from 'member' to 'active member' is 100 postings.

John.St said:
. . . . I have become a Mendocino, 'cause I have been accepted as a socio in "Club de gimnasia y esgrima" (not the football thingummyjig, but the real one) . . . .
Congrats! You'll enjoy (if you haven't already) the little restaurant at the club, too. I think that GyE has reciprocal privileges with the Jockey in Bs.As., which is well worth a visit when you're in town.

RWS said:
Congrats! You'll enjoy (if you haven't already) the little restaurant at the club, too. I think that GyE has reciprocal privileges with the Jockey in Bs.As., which is well worth a visit when you're in town.
I absolutely enjoy it at the surprising price of AR$ 24 for a lunch de tres platos (wine excl.).

Your info about the Jockey Club is very interesting; if I ever go completely loco and make another trip to BsAs :D I shall make the most of it.

The threshold from 'active member' to 'veteran' is 250 posts.

Back