Newcomers hello

BWalker

Registered
Hola!

Im pretty new to the site / forum, its been really useful helping me plan my trip so far and figured i'd say hello properly, Hello!

I'm Bryan, 27yo Designer / Advertiser from Scotland and planning to move to your fair city at the end of Feb. Really looking forward to exploring what BA has to offer, South America in general has been on my to-do list for a long time now. Recently got back from touring S.E Asia and spent 6 months traveling up and down India the year before, i really want to get to a new place and plant my feet for a while.
I guess a general outline of my long term plan is to stay for 6 months to a year, really study the language and hopefully explore the rest of the country and entire continent further down the line. Its definitely a nice 'open' plan at the minute!

I'v spent a lot of time looking at all the options of where to stay while i'm there and was wondering if anyone if had any good or bad experiences with there time getting settled. Has anyone ever went for the homestead option or moving in with a local? Seems like the best option to kinda throw yourself in at the deep end but its got its obvious possible bad points.

oh, and would be great to meet anyone in the same position for a drink, don't let the 'scottish' part put you off! ;)

cheers

Bryan

Back