Next Year There Will be No Elections..!

Rich One

Registered
Former President Duhalde Expressed " Next year is ridiculous to think there will be Elections, also mentioned Coup d'etat..?

"According to his proposal, Duhalde said that in Argentina there could be a coup d'état again if the crisis worsens and consensus is not reached. “There will be no elections because Argentina is the champion of the military dictatorships. Of course there could be a blow again, "he said.

I think that guy is out of his mind. The days of military dictatorships are over. The whole country would not stand for it and would rise up to overthrow it. Besides, Argentina doesn’t have a standing army. That guy is totally out of touch with reality.

I think that guy is out of his mind. The days of military dictatorships are over. The whole country would not stand for it and would rise up to overthrow it. Besides, Argentina doesn’t have a standing army. That guy is totally out of touch with reality.
I tend to agree ... but to play Devil's advocate here:

Couldn't the local and federal police forces be the arm by which force is made?

Never say Never ..! But a statement coming from a Peronista leader, former President and Nestor Kirchener's Sponsor, don't know what to think? Haven't seen yet a Peronista disclaimer..???
Or AF saying that Duhalde is senile..!

You can watch the Animales Sueltos Video. STRANGE didn't make the front page of Infobae or Clarin

Santiago Cafiero the Gov spokesperson said Duhalde Sentence was inapropiate ..! to say the least...

Last edited:
Just another defunct politician doing some attention seeking. Nothing to see here.

I tend to agree ... but to play Devil's advocate here:

Couldn't the local and federal police forces be the arm by which force is made?

They would be like a Bad News Bears version maybe. I see cops here mostly standing around talking on their phones and eating empanadas. Unless they got a serious bump in pay, I don't see them putting in the effort required. But If ARG had a serious federal police force like Chile's Carabineros, then it would be a different story.

I'll also second that military dictatorships are over. But the new trend could be just as bad, which is the growth of organized crime paramilitaries like those that control parts of Mexico and Brazil. Often they are much more organized and better equipped than government forces.

The real risk is not to do with military or police backed coup, but a popular uprising like we saw in 2001/2 where the simply isn’t enough support or cooperation to govern effectively.

I smell politics at play setting the stage to be a victim of what may come and try to “rally the troops” around an imaginary siege. Peronism will take a big blow at the next elections thanks to Alberto and Cristina, hence they need a uniting cause to win back those who they have alienated while creating a cautious distance from their own.

The only risk of organized violence or paramilitaries I see would originate from the K camp as a “last line of defense”, inspired by their Cuban and Venezuelan revolutionary heroes and brigades of thugs. Before that I would imagine intensification of Mafia-style violence against journalists and opposing politicians.

My reading is , the gov. ran out of ideas , money and credit and their pandemic scare is wearing thin, what they need is someone to remove them from power like back in 76 so they can claim being the victims.
Military? you never know, i've heard in more than one occasion people wanting the army to take control of the streets again since everything else failed so far.
The reality of what this ''fine'' leader mentions remains true, more and more people are becoming poor, security is a joke, economy is even a bigger joke creating pressure in all aspects of your everyday life .
And lastly, even during a de facto gov' all you needed to circulate within the curfew was your DNI, these days you need your DNI , your permission to circulate expressing your function in society and a letter from your employer backing all of the before mentioned, still there are people out there that don't consider this a tyranny .......

My reading is , the gov. ran out of ideas , money and credit and their pandemic scare is wearing thin, what they need is someone to remove them from power like back in 76 so they can claim being the victims.
Military? you never know, i've heard in more than one occasion people wanting the army to take control of the streets again since everything else failed so far.
The reality of what this ''fine'' leader mentions remains true, more and more people are becoming poor, security is a joke, economy is even a bigger joke creating pressure in all aspects of your everyday life .
And lastly, even during a de facto gov' all you needed to circulate within the curfew was your DNI, these days you need your DNI , your permission to circulate expressing your function in society and a letter from your employer backing all of the before mentioned, still there are people out there that don't consider this a tyranny .......
Argentina and more specifically, it's government has all but lost the confidence of it's people during these very trying times.

Things could break either way ... that being peacefully or in a violent manner.

It will take LEADERSHIP, good decision making and possibly a little luck on the part of the current administration to get though COVID 19 and the flagging economic fall out that is going to be around for quite some time. I am hoping for good decisions and peace. (I really opt for this scenario.)

BUT - Given the amount of time in lockdown, the frustration as well as the psychological damage the lockdown has caused along with the dire circumstances of the economy ... all it will take is one stupid federal government action and this powered keg will explode.

If and when things get / turn ugly ... people will take to the streets in violent protest. Whatever forces the government has will be used against the people and the current administration will be chased from the post they currently hold. Some kind of a coup can not be ruled out at this juncture.

True, Other politicians may echo the threat of a Coup and single out opposition leaders and journalists that are fueling the Coup, They will victimize themselves and claim the derecha instead of going to the urns, wants to end Democracy..!

Back