night buses

jrockstar80

Registered
Hi,

Do the buses run all night in BA? If so, are they safe to 1) ride and 2) wait for at that time?

If that helps, I'm 6', 180, 30 y.o. male, and everyone keeps telling me, 'oh you look argentine, you'll be fine.' LOL

I also posed this q in my thread in the newcomers section: http://baexpats.org/newcomers-forum...short-term-apt-tips-other-tips.html#post88839 so I hope this keeps people from answering twice.

If buses aren't advisable, does everyone just take cabs at night?

Thanks in advance!!!

They run all night, but not as frequently.

The buses aren't "unsafe", but the bus stop may be. Keep your head up when standing alone at a bus stop in a sketchy part of town at 4:28am. If the bus stop is relatively obscured from street lights, stand in the street while you're waiting.

And make sure you have monedas.

I simply agree with Napoleon, buses are safe but the stops are not. It always also depends on the part of town you are in.

thanks!! yes, always with the monedas, i remember this from my brief trip there earlier this year...

Also the drivers are much more amenable at night. If you have not reached the stop or are not sure where it is they will still stop for you, and tell you where to get off.
Unlike during rush hour when they will close the doors on you if you are even seconds away.

Back