Night time curfew from 08JAN nationwide

antipodean

Registered

A nighttime curfew is to be announced today and effective from 08JAN.
People may not circulate from 23:00 or 00:00 until 05:00. Violators will be punished under the penal code and vehicles may be impounded.
Provinces / regions may seek exceptions to the curfew if amount of cases falls under a certain amount still to be determined.

apparently they will not be closing EZE but will be limiting flights. Does anyone know when this is from? I have a flight booked to Argentina on Sunday and hope it doesn't effect me getting there.

Perhaps not in CABA and Cordoba it seems...

Would be curious to know if there are stats from some EU regions and countries that have tried this kind of measure in order to prove or disprove its effectiveness and also if these were the only measures taken or one of a series of measures?

To me the justification being used that this targets the young people who go on to infect older people still suggests the relaxation of protocols in those interactions where they infect older people... interactions which take place outside of night hours ...the family asadito of 20 persons in the afternoon under clear sunny or dusky skies.

Tend to agree with the CABA perspective that an awareness and testing push is needed as well as enforcement of basic protocols regardless of time of day. However having seen some crowded nightclubs and bars late at night do think something needs to be done on that front too.

apparently they will not be closing EZE but will be limiting flights. Does anyone know when this is from? I have a flight booked to Argentina on Sunday and hope it doesn't effect me getting there.
Should be more info tomorrow. I’m waiting to hear as well.

Should be more info tomorrow. I’m waiting to hear as well.

Part of these measures includes forcing all airlines to reduce their frequencies by 30%. This means flights may be rescheduled or cancelled and travellers would be advised to check with their airline to see if their flight has been affected. According to the article travellers would still be allowed to travel to and from the airport during any night quarantine - just like they were during the "total" quarantine.

Personally would recommend booking transport in advance since it may be much harder to find an uber or Cabify off the bat during quarantine hours as it already is during the early morning. Would not recommend to use the cabify "reservation" function - it does not actually reserve anything. It just requests a car at time you set instead of you needing to remember to request it, meaning more often than not a driver is nowhere to be found leading to unecessary early morning pre-flight stress. An airport remise service like Tienda Leon would be more reliable.

Flying tomorrow from Brasil, hopefully I sloop in before the flight cancelations start. I mean I have already checked in haha.

Flying tomorrow from Brasil, hopefully I sloop in before the flight cancelations start. I mean I have already checked in haha.

If you have all the docs and forms in place it's a breeze.
Flight landed at 5pm. 20 min early.
5:07 at Migraciones. Done in 30 sec. Agent didn't even wear a mask, didn't ask me anything.
5:10 bag out on the carousel.
5:15 at taxi stand.
5:19 in a cab.
6pm. home.

I was away for less than 96hs/4 days so I technically didn't have to do the CABA DDJJ or their test at the airport. There were 3 "kids" from the CABA gov with folders trying to talk to people to see if they were going to CABA and "encourage" them to get tested. No one was paying attention.

Back