Night time curfew from 08JAN nationwide

Wait, is there an actual curfew right now in la capi? seems like people wandering around no big deal

At the end, the government just announced recommendations to the provinces to restrict nighttime activities. But it’s up to each province to decide what they do.

CABA for example will only close bars at 01:00 and not restrict circulation. Provincia will crack down on clandestine parties with fines of $3m for party goers.

In other words the national government have given up trying and we find ourselves in more anarchy than before in dealing with the health crisis.

At the end, the government just announced recommendations to the provinces to restrict nighttime activities. But it’s up to each province to decide what they do.

CABA for example will only close bars at 01:00 and not restrict circulation. Provincia will crack down on clandestine parties with fines of $3m for party goers.

In other words the national government have given up trying and we find ourselves in more anarchy than before in dealing with the health crisis.

It's elections year.

Part of these measures includes forcing all airlines to reduce their frequencies by 30%. This means flights may be rescheduled or cancelled and travellers would be advised to check with their airline to see if their flight has been affected. According to the article travellers would still be allowed to travel to and from the airport during any night quarantine - just like they were during the "total" quarantine.

Personally would recommend booking transport in advance since it may be much harder to find an uber or Cabify off the bat during quarantine hours as it already is during the early morning. Would not recommend to use the cabify "reservation" function - it does not actually reserve anything. It just requests a car at time you set instead of you needing to remember to request it, meaning more often than not a driver is nowhere to be found leading to unecessary early morning pre-flight stress. An airport remise service like Tienda Leon would be more reliable.
Still nothing from the airlines.... will the 30% happen next week, week after, in 3 weeks... who knows??!!??

Still nothing from the airlines.... will the 30% happen next week, week after, in 3 weeks... who knows??!!??
Airlines have already been informed and now need to present their revised schedules to the government. As to when it takes effect presumably in the coming week(s) ...can only take each day as it comes and give yourself a margin of flexibility when it comes to travel in a time of pandemic.

If your flight is affected then you’ll most likely just be put on to another flight a day earlier or later.

Note many airlines are already not operating 100% of their frequencies due to low demand - so some airlines may not even be affected at the end of the day.

Airlines have already been informed and now need to present their revised schedules to the government. As to when it takes effect presumably in the coming week(s) ...can only take each day as it comes and give yourself a margin of flexibility when it comes to travel in a time of pandemic.

If your flight is affected then you’ll most likely just be put on to another flight a day earlier or later.

Note many airlines are already not operating 100% of their frequencies due to low demand - so some airlines may not even be affected at the end of the day.
I’ve already booked another flight and hedged my bets. I now have 2 out of the 3 that week so math would reason I should have at least one of them. It’s not always that simple for rebooking, since I have to take 3 flights to get home. I can cancel for free if I don’t need the second one. All good.

Back