No Locales Comerciales Para Alquiler Temporario. Solution?

kosta

Registered
I checked all the major websites (zonaprop, argenprop etc) but neither offers locales comerciales for temporary rent. Now how can I rent a place for my business if I don't have a garantia? I heard there's a possibility to buy garantia, but that's not the solution here, I'd still prefer to sign a short contract for start.
I know that many expats started a business here - have you ever dealt with similar problem and maybe found some solution?

Don't you need a shitload of paperwork done to open a store? Habilitación Municipal will likely demand that you show a proper lease contract. I've seen shops fail across the street within 6 months, ther e must be a way, otherwise they would be stuck there dor at least a year.

Actually, a lot of businesses do get stuck paying out the lease for the rest of the contract even if their business has failed. What type of business is it that you have Kosta? There are a lot of shared office solution companies in town (Areatres etc) -- if you just need desk space and a conference room that might work for you.

There are all sorts of offices for rent by hour downtown and all over the city. At these places, you pay by the hour, but if you rent on certain days and certain hours they will give you a big discount. There is really no such thing as temporary rental for office spaces, except that option. I think the offices you can rent in Puerto Madero rent by the hour and they even come with the use of a secretary.

There is nobody in Argentina that is going to rent a local comercial temporarily. First as was mentioned before, you have to get "habilitación municipal" which is more a less a business license to operate. Again as was mentioned before, NOT an easy task and expensive to do. There are also many taxes to be paid when siging a commercial lease - commercial contracts pay 21% IVA above and beyond the rental amount plus an "impuesto al sello", 0,5% of the total lease amount to the government. Also you have to show your registration with AFIP, insurance, etc. And then there's the "Ley de Alquileres 23.091" which states all commercial property contracts are written for a minimum of 3 years. So EVEN IF you create a rental contract for lets say one year, and it's signed and all, and the tenant wants to stay for 3 years THEY CAN and the landlord can't do anything about it or even increase the rent for the entire 3 years. The good news is, if you do rent a store, after the 1st six months you CAN legally rescind the contract by paying a penalty of 2 months rent to the landlord. If you rescind after the 1st year they you only have to pay a penalty of 1 month's rent. So there is a legal way out if your business doesn't work out. Read the Ley de Alquilieres and get a good escribano to explain how it all works. I have a commercial property and believe me if you don't do things the right way you get stung BADLY and it's expensive to fix. Good luck.

I can second DavidGlen and others here. Plus, even when all the paperwork is in order, it's still a mess, or at the very least an inordinately long time before the longed-for habilitación actually arrives. So forget about temporary, it's in nobody's interest around here to allow it.

Thanks for advise. I'm looking for a small local for a gastronomy - catering and deliveries only. I tried to find someone who has a bar or restaurant to rent a space from (I'm working in early morning hours 5am - 10am, wouldn't collide with restaurant's hours) but found no one. Is registering a local really so difficult? Maybe my accountant can do it for me?

Thanks for advise. I'm looking for a small local for a gastronomy - catering and deliveries only. I tried to find someone who has a bar or restaurant to rent a space from (I'm working in early morning hours 5am - 10am, wouldn't collide with restaurant's hours) but found no one. Is registering a local really so difficult? Maybe my accountant can do it for me?

It is incredibly difficult. You cannot get anyone to do almost anything for you in Argentina. Renting a local will be a big pain in the butt, I am sorry to say. You'll also have to have the initial inspection once your business is set up, which is a huge pain in the butt (it will consist of the AFIP agent basically looking for some little detail you missed so he can screw you over or get a bribe). Think of other options before you rent a local if you can.

It is incredibly difficult. You cannot get anyone to do almost anything for you in Argentina. Renting a local will be a big pain in the butt, I am sorry to say. You'll also have to have the initial inspection once your business is set up, which is a huge pain in the butt (it will consist of the AFIP agent basically looking for some little detail you missed so he can screw you over or get a bribe). Think of other options before you rent a local if you can.
AFIP has nothing to do with habilitacion comercial. In Captial Federal it's managed (actually extremely mis-managed) by the AGC "Agencia Gubernamental de Control" AFIP is only taxes. Has nothing to do with business licensing. Just collecting taxes. You can go to the AGC website and see the requirements for habilitación comercial. For non-food businesses it's actually not that difficult. For businesses where food is sold and prepared, there are many many requirements and yes a lot of times bribes are involved. If you rent space in an already existing business that may be a good option, just register yourself as monotributo and you can use the habilitación that is (hopefully) already in effect in that estabilishment. Having a retail business in Argentina is NOT at all easy and not for the faint hearted. http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/agc

Yes you can rent for 3- 6 months for a bussines of course, but expect to pay the same amount than youl pay in 3 years.
remember, inflation could be over 25% for 2nd year and other 25% for the third.
commissions %5 of the total contract mount and a deposit of 2 /3 months as a waranty.
also a very good waranty of a property
If with all this you want it temporarly, is your bussinnes
regards
Fredd

Back