No More Reciprocity Fee For Us Passport Holders

I am visiting in two weeks and I was under the assumption, after searching online, there was no charge for visa to enter Argentina and Uruguay. I don't have the links to where I found the information except I started with the US gov website back in December 2015. Either way this is good news and glad I wasn't surprised at airport. Do you know if there is a visa charge to enter Uruguay for US passport holder? I will be taking ferry. Thanks for all your posts!

Yes, you would not have been allowed to board the plane without showing you paid the reciprocity. No problem now. And Uruguay does not have a visa fee for Americans.

While I am happy for this change and working in international tourism, I still think it is very unfair that Argentines among many other nationalities must pay the $160 or more usd to apply for a visa which is not a pleasant experience and after one most likely is rejected the fees paid stay there and not returned!
In tjis case, I can see the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"
Quite agree on fairness and equality, good for the goose.....However, why did I have to pay a 35% none refundable income tax on my airline tickets purchases in Argentina when I used my USA credit card. None residents are up creek for ever recieving a refund. All things being equal, a 35% surcharge (payable to US Treasury) should be applied to all Argentine tourists visiting the USA when they use an Argentine credit card: FU K and all your BS.

I also read of the possibility of Argentina being part of the Global Entry Program. What would the difference be between the VWP and the GEP? I know Panama and Mexico are the 2 LatAm countries part of the GEP. I tried googling but I still don't quite get it.

While I am happy for this change and working in international tourism, I still think it is very unfair that Argentines among many other nationalities must pay the $160 or more usd to apply for a visa which is not a pleasant experience and after one most likely is rejected the fees paid stay there and not returned!
In tjis case, I can see the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander"

Um actually the most likely outcome is not a visa being rejected. That is actually an incredibly incredibly incredibly rare outcome for an Argentine applying for a tourist visa.

It looks like the ball is already rolling for Argentina to enter the visa waiver program soon.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1883060-susana-malcorra-barack-obama-visa-eeuu

Um actually the most likely outcome is not a visa being rejected. That is actually an incredibly incredibly incredibly rare outcome for an Argentine applying for a tourist visa.

Funny, because I personally know six Argentinos who were denied. One is my sister-in-law, who has an apartment and a business in Santa Fe.

According to State Department statistics (available on the visa waiver program wikipedia page), the US visa rejection rate for Argentina was 2.14% in 2015 and 1.4% in 2014. RodolfoWalsh is right and Wineguy999's experience is not typical.

Maikito: Global Entry is a trusted traveler program allowing pre-screened members to enter the US without waiting in line to talk to a border officer (they just have to go to a kiosk). The program is only available to US citizens and permanent residents, and citizens of Germany, The Netherlands, Korea, Panama and Mexico. I very much doubt Argentina will join anytime soon, but feel free to share your source.

As of tomorrow, March 24, 2016, US passport holders no longer need to pay the U$S 160 reciprocity fee. Argentines under 16 and over 65 no longer have to go through the Visa interview process.

http://www.embassyof...s-citizens.HTML
Where did you get that information from? That´s only a link to the Argentine government.

Back