Non-emergency appointments at Public Hospitals

Meta998

Registered
Can someone explain the "turno" system at public hospitals to me? If you need a non-emergency dr.'s appointment my understanding is you show up early and get a turno. Is that only good for the day? Do you have to wait indefinitely until they get to you that day or can you schedule a time?

Any assistance is appreciated.

For some doctors you might be able to get a turno for the same day ( ask ) for others it will be scheduled. In any case there is no way around the long wait to get the turno :p

So I wait, get a number and then schedule the appointment for the same or another day? Just wanted to clarify.

nikad said:
For some doctors you might be able to get a turno for the same day ( ask ) for others it will be scheduled. In any case there is no way around the long wait to get the turno :p

Meta998 said:
So I wait, get a number and then schedule the appointment for the same or another day? Just wanted to clarify.
Exactly, just make sure that you go where they give turnos and not where people are waiting to actually see the doctor, at some hospitals it can get confusing. I don´t know what kind of problem you are having, sometimes it is just easier to go to the ER during off peak hours ( ie: midday or early afternoon )

Some of the hospitals have a small website with more info, check this out: http://buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/sal...ema=1&idbarrio=&idcgp=&idtipo=&texto=&redir=0

Hope it helps

Back