non or low-chlorine swimming pools?

Maru

Registered
Does anybody know a non- or low-chlorine swimming pool in Buenos Aires-Capital Federal?

Chlorine in a solution of water at high levels found in swimming pools could cause allergic reactions and some individuals may experience skin irritation, sore throat and stinging eyes. The reason is that the pH level of water is too high or too low. I was asking this because I am a regular swimmer and I find that all the spools here have a v high chlorine level, as opposed to some in the UK. I wasn’t kidding and I would highly recommend you to make a bit of an effort and to educate yourself before you reply or you make any smartass comment.

Maru said:
Does anybody know a non- or low-chlorine swimming pool in Buenos Aires-Capital Federal?

If it has no chlorine, do they put something else in it to stop disease and infections? Argentina is hardly one of the cleanest countries I've even been to.

Yes of course, it’s called Ozone system. Some pools do not require Chlorine or other chemicals and are now opting for Ozone systems to disinfect. Ozone technology for swimming pools has been in regular use for over 50 years in places like Germany, France and other European countries. However, in North and South America MOST of the swimming pools are stuck with a standard that in Europe would be considered surge tanks. The use of Ozone technology avoids the use of chlorine altogether. The only thing is that Ozone is considered a "short-term" disinfectant and chlorine is considered a "long-term" disinfectant, and it obviously requires more “look after”. I doubt very much that there is one in Buenos Aires...but...if you know anything about this…you are more than welcome to impress me.

Sorry to bump an old thread but saline is a good alternative. Basically you just use salt (or even better, sea salt/sea water). Personally I don't mind the taste. Most people don't like it. However, it is by far the cheapest option.

Salt tends to be used in cheap outdoor pools

some of the hotels use saline/salt water for their pools. they are usually very high end but do offer memberships to non guests of the hotel. Duhau Hotel which is posades and rodriga pena (think its a hyatt) has a 25m lap salt water pool. again, i think its expensive, but im just throwing it out there for you.

Maru said:
Chlorine in a solution of water at high levels found in swimming pools could cause allergic reactions and some individuals may experience skin irritation, sore throat and stinging eyes. The reason is that the pH level of water is too high or too low. I was asking this because I am a regular swimmer and I find that all the spools here have a v high chlorine level, as opposed to some in the UK. I wasn’t kidding and I would highly recommend you to make a bit of an effort and to educate yourself before you reply or you make any smartass comment.
Someone resurrected this so I'll respond to your snide ass remark. Your question was asking about low chlorine pools in BA. My comment refers to the "in BA" part, not current pool technology. I am well educated on Ozone pool systems as both of mine are just that. However, you will find that "IN BA" there are very few Low or no Chlorine pools for public use. But you can build your own.

Well, having dengue, chloridre seems nice.
However, the swimming pools you find at Camino de cintura, to the left of the highway to the airport, all of them are natural salt water chloridre free.
I know el Danubio Azul, I used to go there 25 years ago.
Regards

Hi Maru, there is a gymnasio in Charcas and Aguero that uses an alternative system - I am not sure what is the name, but 6 months ago they started to make lots of publicity like "no more red eyes, skin alergies etc".
I think is a system based on oxygenated water

cheers

Back