Notarised Document For A Child To Leave The Country

I'm curious..because I need to get this done as well. If the document is in spanish, what happens on you return flight leaving the States. They will be ok with that if they can't read it?

It is Argentina who requires this and not the US, nobody will ask you for this paper in the US.

Nikad is right...i just came back with my 5 year old from a trip visiting my folks in Napa, CA. They just asked for the authorization when we left Argentina, but not entering the US. However, bring a copy of the birth certificate and a photocopy of the other parent's passport. Good luck.

Any nottary will be good. Mine is Horacio. He has an office, at Uruguay and Av. Cordoba.
please write to him directly in English or any other laguages you speak. (He knows more than 10 languages include Japanese, Chinese, etc.)
[email protected]

It is Argentina who requires this and not the US, nobody will ask you for this paper in the US.

That's not accurate - the permission is part of the Hague Conventions which the US adheres to as well. It's in place to prevent child abduction

I've actually had friends who were not allowed to take flights b/c they didn't have spousal permission to leave the country with the kids. However, in those cases, both were US citizens with int'l flights departing from the US. Assuming the OP's partner is an Argentine citizen and since it is a return flight to Argentina, I don't think they they would question you.

And if they did and you have the document, that should be sufficient. And if they can't read it, it's not exactly difficult to find someone who does speak/read Spansh who could read it.

I think if you want it to be valid for english-speaking countries as well, it would be worth having it officially translated with the sello of the colegio de traductores. If it's important enough for them to stop you boarding, it's unlikely they would just accept that a spanish speaking member of staff translates it.

My husband just got his permission done by a notary to come to canada with his 2 daughters next month! it was super easy and no need to be translated as its only used for Argentina! he did need to include it while applying for the Canadian visa too, but it was in spanish.
if anyone wants the name of the notary let me know and ill get it from him. I think the whole process took 1 day!

*** hes also taking them to disney world as well, and no other translated document was required, he just had the include a copy when he was applying for the US visa as well.

ok so if the spouse is not in Argentina and the other is travelling to him with kids to another country from Argentina, in that case too we need to get it done from here??? like wouldn't the document need his signature or anything?

What ID needs to be shown to prepare the document? Can it be a DNI or does it have to be a passport? Thanks.

Back