Notarised Document For A Child To Leave The Country

You can go to any centro de gestion in Capital with: copies of DNI of both parents and a child + his birth certificate and passport. It takes around 30 mins and costs 150 peso. Than you need to go to tribunales (lavalle esq Libertad) to notarize it (10 mins) for free. Just remember to make a tramite with centro de gestion - it may happen that you'd have to wait 2 weeks.

What is a "centro de gestion", and where can I find one near Belgrano or Recoleta?

Thanks,
DRSG

If you want to leave the country with a minor child as a couple, you need to be able to prove that you are the parents (take translated/apostulated birth certificate)

if you travel as 1 parent with a minor child (or child is traveling alone) : you need a notary act to give you permission. Usually it is as a single permission for 1 country. From a certain age (14) it can be a general permission for 3 countries, from 16 it can be a general permission to all countries.

It is a very simple act, any notary can do it.

I notice that -eventhough my daughter is 17 and looks a lot older- that the agent at the passport control, reads every single word in the document, checks the names with the passport etc. They take this very seriously!

once you have a notary, you give him the necessary documents (birth certificate and marriage certificate), he keeps this documents, and each time you travel alone, you call or mail him, he prepares the document, you pick it up (and pay) and you are ready to go. In my experience you don't need to go to the notary together with husband/wife every time.

Hope this helps...

If you want to leave the country with a minor child as a couple, you need to be able to prove that you are the parents (take translated/apostulated birth certificate)

if you travel as 1 parent with a minor child (or child is traveling alone) : you need a notary act to give you permission. Usually it is as a single permission for 1 country. From a certain age (14) it can be a general permission for 3 countries, from 16 it can be a general permission to all countries.

It is a very simple act, any notary can do it.

I notice that -eventhough my daughter is 17 and looks a lot older- that the agent at the passport control, reads every single word in the document, checks the names with the passport etc. They take this very seriously!

once you have a notary, you give him the necessary documents (birth certificate and marriage certificate), he keeps this documents, and each time you travel alone, you call or mail him, he prepares the document, you pick it up (and pay) and you are ready to go. In my experience you don't need to go to the notary together with husband/wife every time.

Hope this helps...
If we work with notario aka escribano then is this sufficient and makes it one step process and does not require legalization at tribunales?

Back