Number of Americans Living in Buenos Aires

TravisJames

Registered
Does anyone know? I haven't really seen a legitimate source, but from what I gather, the count is around 90,000 Americans.

Jeez!...That's a lot, probably the majority of them infiltrated undercover CIA agents getting through the cracks of the relaxed country border controls, now that the presidential elections are getting closer and Christina seems to win again it will be of some concern, and with Chavez in Cuba recovering from pelvic abscess surgery who the hell will know exactly what they are plotting against USA, then there is Evo, that loose cannon in Bolivia and Humala in Peru seeking closer ties with Mercosur instead of ALCA the daddy's backyard is getting bit messy- And on top of all this, there are these volcanic eruptions in Chile's border with Argentina implemented and controlled by the secret HAARP high-frequency emissions antennas at the military base in Alaska, I wonder how pretty busy they must be over there lately.....

...of course I'm just sarcastically kidding!

Please don't take any of this seriously I too want to know if there are 90,000 lost Americans souls over here or just its a mere 900 undercover Mexicans eating chalupas, burritos and enchiladas at Palermo Viejo..

TravisJames said:
Does anyone know? I haven't really seen a legitimate source, but from what I gather, the count is around 90,000 Americans.

The numbers (according to a friend of mine at migraciones). The approximate # of native born north americans living in Argentina that have any type of temporary residence are about 4,000 at any given time, permanent residents approx 10,000 and "permatourists" as they are so often called here well of course those #'s are not possible to obtain however when I mentioned this term to him he laughed and had no idea what it meant, and found it really funny that people would stay in Argentina and leave every 90 days to renew a stamp in their passport. Also he had no idea that you have to pay a fine at Ezeiza for overstaying the date on the entry stamp. Obviously this "permatourist" stuff is way under the radar and nobody cares. Staying in Argentina without papers is not a crime like it is in the USA.......you are not "illegal". However your immigration status is "irregular" and at any time they can technically require you to regulate your immigratory status. However I´ve never heard of this happening to anybody.......

Davidglen77 said:
The numbers (according to a friend of mine at migraciones). The approximate # of native born north americans living in Argentina that have any type of temporary residence are about 4,000 at any given time, permanent residents approx 10,000 and "permatourists" as they are so often called here well of course those #'s are not possible to obtain however when I mentioned this term to him he laughed and had no idea what it meant, and found it really funny that people would stay in Argentina and leave every 90 days to renew a stamp in their passport. Also he had no idea that you have to pay a fine at Ezeiza for overstaying the date on the entry stamp. Obviously this "permatourist" stuff is way under the radar and nobody cares. Staying in Argentina without papers is not a crime like it is in the USA.......you are not "illegal". However your immigration status is "irregular" and at any time they can technically require you to regulate your immigratory status. However I´ve never heard of this happening to anybody.......

So that's about 14,000 total on the books....12 of whom live outside of Palermo Viejo and Recoleta.

Lucas said:
And on top of all this, there are these volcanic eruptions in Chile's border with Argentina implemented and controlled by the secret HAARP high-frequency emissions antennas at the military base in Alaska, I wonder how pretty busy they must be over there lately.....

lmfao.

After the 2010 Haiti Earthquake, my coworker in Argentina sent me a "news" article talking about how a Russian naval commander intercepted a message from the US government with details of the HAARP earthquake machine in Alaska being used to destroy cities such as Port-au-Prince.

I didn't realize this HAARP machine was still in commission!

/14,000? Interesting.

TravisJames said:
lmfao.

After the 2010 Haiti Earthquake, my coworker in Argentina sent me a "news" article talking about how a Russian naval commander intercepted a message from the US government with details of the HAARP earthquake machine in Alaska being used to destroy cities such as Port-au-Prince.

I didn't realize this HAARP machine was still in commission!

/14,000? Interesting.
The Argentines love conspiracy theories, I think the more implausible and ridiculous the better. More often than not it is some nefarious doings of the U.S. government. Not sure what the psychology is behind all this stuff, perhaps some sort of defense mechanism(i.e. blaming others or other causes for your problems so you can avoid dealing with them).

gouchobob said:
The Argentines love conspiracy theories, I think the more implausible and ridiculous the better. More often than not it is some nefarious doings of the U.S. government. Not sure what the psychology is behind all this stuff, perhaps some sort of defense mechanism(i.e. blaming others or other causes for your problems so you can avoid dealing with them).

LMFAO...Yep, Very insecure individuals these eleventy neurotrophic Argies, how possible can they even think of something like that, is ridiculous, well, maybe not for an Argie's big heart, big passion and small brain...
Anyway, how many of these guys still surviving down there due to the inflationary pressures of everyday living?.

Lucas said:
LMFAO...Yep, Very insecure individuals these eleventy neurotrophic Argies, how possible can they even think of something like that, is ridiculous, well, maybe not for an Argie's big heart, big passion and small brain...
Anyway, how many of these guys still surviving down there due to the inflationary pressures of everyday living?.

Some day you may surprise people and actually make a comment that makes sense.

gouchobob said:
Some day you may surprise people and actually make a comment that makes sense.

Not surprise for me, the opposite is true, I know exactly the mindset of some people on this forum, when there is an opportunity to rant against this country or its citizens any situation is good for that end. So no, I'm not surprised at all

Back