NYer in Pal SoHo for Dec - meet up, wine, dine, explore and/or tennis?

nycinsider

Registered
Just want to say hi and introduce myself. I'm here for the month, and looking to experience/explore with any other expats here interested in the same.

Currently trying to figure out how to get a pre paid cell for the month for calling/texting but email is working fine:)

Also, tennis is one of my favorite things to do, so if anyone plays and knows the ropes, I'd love to play with you. More for exercise than competition. Didn't bring a racquet (limited packing, of course), but am happy to buy or rent one. I hear the Polo and Tennis Club (?) is great - anyone know anything about it?

Look forward to meeting as many of you as possible...

Besos,
Melissa

Just arrived from Chicago and scored tickets to the polo finals on Saturday through an old friend from BA now living in NYC. Has anyone ever been? Do you go early? Stay late? Advice welcomed

GiniH

Melissa,

If you go along florida street you will see a number of claro, personal or movistar stores where you can hop in and easily get a cheap cell phone and pay as you go plan. Just make sure to bring your passport because they need to take down a bit of your information. You should be able to get a phone for under 200 pesos no problem.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Hi, I'm in the airport on my way to BA today. It is my first time back since living there as a kid years ago!

If there are any social events it would be nice to meet people in a bar or for some kind of outing. I'm looking for suggestions to visit an estancia with my son about 10 days from now. But I'll just hang out for a few days. Like Melissa, I need to head out to Calle Florida tomorrow to get a SIM card for my phone and when I do I'll post the number here and keep checking to see what's going on.

@GiniH - I hear Polo is amazing and know some people going tomorrow who are very excited. I did not get tickets as it just seemed like too much work to get them without "connections" so good for you!

@Mark - thank you, I will try that. I went to the Alto Palermo (?) shopping mall and they were at least $50 (without minutes) and I believe I couldn't text with that, but had to pay $200 to get a phone that texts, so I'll try Florida street.

Things are definitely much harder here than I anticipated (currently waiting for the management company to come fix the hot water for the 4th time in 6 days so I can shower - do NOT ever rent from Zen Properties).

Best,
Melissa

@ GiniH, you mention "tickets" would you have an extra one ?? would love to see a polo game... L

nycinsider said:
Things are definitely much harder here than I anticipated (currently waiting for the management company to come fix the hot water for the 4th time in 6 days so I can shower - do NOT ever rent from Zen Properties).

Best,
Melissa
"Zen Properties"... seems to be a bit of a misnomer. :eek:

LOL - it is the total opposite of "Zen". Too bad, because the apartment itself is just beautiful ..it's the management company that drives me crazy.

Back