Obtain a CPA letter-like document / prove lawful origin of funds in Germany?

foobar

Registered
Joined
Jun 6, 2025
Messages
33
Likes
14
Hi all!

I'm in the middle of collecting all the required documents to apply for a rentista residency. I need a way to prove the lawful origin of funds in my bank account (from previous jobs, interest rates, etc) and in the US the typical way seems to be to hire a CPA to write a so called CPA letter (which states the amounts of funds and that they verify the lawful origin of them).

As I'm from Germany, we don't have CPAs here. I've consulted multiple tax consultants but they all declined. So far my only chance seems to be a lawyer who is specialized in this matter but he wants a low four digit amount in EUR for writing a CPA letter-like document.

Question primarily to the people from Germany here: Is there any cheaper way to prove the lawful origin of funds?
I was advised that bank account statements and pay stubs are not sufficient and can't be apostilled anyways. One of the tax agents recommended to get a "bank letter" from my bank but this would only verify the presence of the funds on my bank account, not the legal origin. Another advise was to get my current and previous employers to write a letter on the total salary they paid me and get it notarized and apostilled but I'm not sure if this (in combination with the bank letter) would be sufficient.

If anyone has some experience with this I'd be very happy to know about other ways to provide the required proof.

Many thanks and best regards :)
 
Back
Top