Obtaining Prescribed Anti-depressants

canilson

Registered
Hello! I will be moving to Buenos Aires temporarily come March, and I have two prescriptions for anti-depressants; one for Aripiprazole (Abilify) and one for Fluoxetine (Prozac.) These are NOT controlled substances. I am weighing my options in how I will obtain these medications while abroad, (As of now, I will be unemployed, therefore I will not have insurance provided by an employer) and I am wondering if I can simply bring in a prescription note to the local pharmacy, from my psychiatrist, and be given the medication? How expensive will this be for, say, a 30-day supply?

Thank you so much!

Go to the hospital with your passport, talk with a doctor. No one gets turned away at the hospitals

Most pharmacies here will sell prescription drugs without prescription. You just show them the empty box and they will sell you a refill.
I've never had a problem buying prescription drugs without a prescription. Hopefully you won’t need anti depressants after a few weeks
of BA living.

If all else fails, find an English speaking psychiatrist in Buenos Aires to write a prescription for you.

Back