Office Space

mikell718

Registered
Hello.

My husband is doing a semester in Buenos Aires this fall and I will be coming with him. I currently work remotely in the US, so my company has agreed to let me work remotely from Argentina for the few months we're there. I'd like to rent a desk in an office with a great internet connection, that way I'll be able to get out of the house and hopefully meet some people. Preferably in the Palermo area, as this is likely where we'll be living. Any advice on where to look for office space, and what I might expect to pay?

Any words of wisdom would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Mikell

Look for areatres & urban station. They are 1/2 a block from each other.

Areatres is a lovely place, but quite expensive (I think hiring your own desk is over AR$400 a week). If you're able to pay that much I'd go for that one. Urban Station is also good and has a reliable connection, but you take what's available on the day, and as you don't have your own space you need to pack everything up at the end of the day and take it with you. You pay b the hour there, which is AR$10 if you buy a package of 20 hours. It can be a little noisy at times though as it's all open space and Argentines tend to like to chat, or talk loudly on their mobiles. If that doesn't bother you then you'd be fine. I use urban space now and then and work from home the rest of the time. I can't justify the cost of areatres, otherwise I'd go there.

Many thanks for the suggestions. They were a bit more than I was expecting cost-wise, but sound like two great starting points.

Areatres is very nice, but the rent for just a cubicle each month ends up costing as much or more as renting a one bedroom apartment. If you're willing to work on a couch -- literally -- it's about the same as renting a studio apartment.

A friend of mine works for a company that the owner of Areatres is involved in -- he's there full time and they won't even foot the bill for a proper cubicle for him -- they have him work in the couches area. Quite a statement about their prices, that their own people don't even want to pay them for their own workers!

Back