Officially Done with BA

I'm sorry this happened to you. If that's all your landlady cares about she is an asshole! Did she express any concern for you at all? I would file the police report just to spite her. :mad:

French jurist said:
You tell the landlady you had a gun on your head & got robbed of all those things in an appartment for which you pay a security guy to do his job and she worries about replacing a lock and not filing a police report?!

The guys needed to enter & exit the building --> entrega ?!

Had you told the landlady you were thinking about leaving?

My initial question would be. How did they know to pinpoint your apt? If it is a highrise there were 'many' to chose from....

Smacks of an inside, "targe the jankee" kind of robbery to me from what has been said here...

TC

Man, my sympathies, as much as words can help, which I know is practically nothing. I can only imagine how you feel after something like this. I'm in the same boat you are - if something like that happened to me I'd be completely without recourse to resupply myself.

Good luck with your move and I hope your fortunes improve.

When our apartment in Palermo was burglared our US insurance company (USAA) covered a lot of what was stolen. Do you have US homeowners insurance ?
Nancy

While this could (and does) happen in the USA and Europe (just to name two of many other places), if this crime was committed in the USA or Europe the police would at least be interested as well as make an attempt to catch the perps.

Not so much in the most European country of all of South America. :mad:

YanquiG, sorry to hear about you getting robbed. Even worse than they objects, they got all your files.

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago. I happened to be in Chile on vacation, but I am sure they were armed when they came by. I am also pretty sure it was an "inside" job, either via the portero or someone who lived in the building.

They stole my, a camera, and a few other things (including a suitcase to carry it all in) but at that time I was in a position to replace almost everything. If that happened now, no way. And, I would pretty much be gone on the next plane out.

Yeah, I would do the denuncia (even though it won't do any good) just so you can spite the landlady, who sounds like a real bitch.

I suggest yo do the denuncia at the federal criminal chamber at Comodoro Py, there you bypass the police men who don t want to work.

It sounds like an inside job done by the landlady. Normal.

Regards

My condolences too.
I haven't been robbed (fortunately) but through my own sloppiness and technological incompetence I've lost all my computer files a few times over the years.
Now I pay a few dollars a month for Idrive which maintains a daily online copy of everything on my computer.
Its saved me more than once.

You opened your door without asking who it is and without looking in the peephole? As far as I can remeber I have never done that in my life. What you did I would consider Russian Roulette. I am not blaming the victim, but if you lived here 2 years and got your Rolex stolen in the street, you would not get my sympathies either.

Back