Officially Done with BA

Honestly, unless you have a significant other here or a very lucrative job/position that SI O SI has to be BA based, there really is no pay off anymore to tolerating all of this brujaja anymore IMO, with the way things are now in BA, there are only disadvantages and inconveniences and it seems to be getting worst.

surfing said:
And what's the payoff to all this living on high alert? I am really starting to wonder. :(

The only possible "payoff" to all of this is to sell a property you now own for more than you paid and find a way to get the money out of Argentina.

Or move to the country like I did and really enjoy life in Argentina.

Es un otro mundo!

YanquiGallego said:
Honestly, unless you have a significant other here or a very lucrative job/position that SI O SI has to be BA based, there really is no pay off anymore to tolerating all of this brujaja anymore IMO, with the way things are now in BA, there are only disadvantages and inconveniences and it seems to be getting worst.
"Honestly, unless you have a significant other here..."

THAT'S the one!

surfing said:
And what's the payoff to all this living on high alert? I am really starting to wonder. :(

It really depends on where you live, doesn't it?

You can't win here. Our robber got in through the front and inner doors, someone must have given him keys, possibly the cleaner, although she was with us 4 years and I thought she was a friend. Someone was ribbing me for posting an ad offering cleaning work for expats, well that's the reason why!!

BednBreakfast said:
You can't win here. Our robber got in through the front and inner doors, someone must have given him keys, possibly the cleaner, although she was with us 4 years and I thought she was a friend. Someone was ribbing me for posting an ad offering cleaning work for expats, well that's the reason why!!
Unfortunately the internet has taught thieves how to bypass just about any lock and enter without leaving any trace of forced entry. It's possible that they entered by picking or bumping the lock. It can be done in seconds and leaves no signs.

If I still lived in Capital Federal I would be begging Perry to sell my apartments.

Fortunately, he already sold both of them...and helped me buy the country home where I now live.

Occasionally I forget to lock the back door at night.

I also have three dogs "sleeping" in the kitchen (where the back door is located).

I sleep in peace.

steveinbsas said:
Is that your idea of an intelligent response?

Not at all, it was just an attempt at lightening things up. I didn't mean to cause offence. I agree that 'it's another world' and the more Malbec I drink, the more I believe it. Just a joke - sorry :confused:

Back