Old US $ notes?

Ikaros

Registered
Hi all
I went to the bank here in Greece to get 100 US $ notes for my upcoming trip to BsAS and within the notes I got there were some old US $ ( in perfect condition). My question is if they are accepted in Argentina? Thank you.

Hi all
I went to the bank here in Greece to get 100 US $ notes for my upcoming trip to BsAS and within the notes I got there were some old US $ ( in perfect condition). My question is if they are accepted in Argentina? Thank you.
I've never had a problem changing the older, smaller portrait US bills, as long as they're in good condition. If you have any problem exchanging them, contact me, I'll buy them for $95 each in fresh, new bills.

I had some difficulties changing the older dollar bills at cuevas, the ones that dont have the blue thick iridescent line, In the middle across the bill. Because Argie Customers don't want to buy them.

Also if the bill has any marking be it a handwritten message, a heart, or a tinsy little seal can sometimes be rejected. Last month I had a $100 dollar bill that had stamped three digits in black ink (234) like in an ascending ladder . I believed it was part of the bill numbering. It was turned down by 2 buyers.
Next time I will receive only new 100 dollar bills with the blue iridescent line on the center of the bill.....!:cool:

I had some difficulties changing the older dollar bills at cuevas, the ones that dont have the blue thick iridescent line, In the middle across the bill. Because Argie Customers don't want to buy them.

Also if the bill has any marking be it a handwritten message, a heart, or a tinsy little seal can sometimes be rejected. Last month I had a $100 dollar bill that had stamped three digits in black ink (234) like in an ascending ladder . I believed it was part of the bill numbering. It was turned down by 2 buyers.
Next time I will receive only new 100 dollar bills with the blue iridescent line on the center of the bill.....!:cool:
I'm not so picky as I return annually to the US so any worn/moldy bills I just deposit on my bank. As long as they're good I'll take them. I did try to change one at an arbolito and the young lady said she couldn't take it as it had a slight stain on it. I laughed, gave her another in its place and showed what a farce it was by examining the Argentina currency they were giving me; if you look at many of the bills here ($100, $200 and $500) you'd see my point.

I'm not so picky as I return annually to the US so any worn/moldy bills I just deposit on my bank. As long as they're good I'll take them. I did try to change one at an arbolito and the young lady said she couldn't take it as it had a slight stain on it. I laughed, gave her another in its place and showed what a farce it was by examining the Argentina currency they were giving me; if you look at many of the bills here ($100, $200 and $500) you'd see my point.

Its a buyers market .. they are buying your dollars..

I went to exchange dollars in a bank yesterday and 2 bills were rejected because they have small stains on them I did not notice before.

The clerk said he could not exchange the dollars, because he could not sell them. After a pause, he said he could exchange them at a worse rate. Right.

Maybe we should write on the bills with stains "no valido en Argentina".

lucky you.. other cuevas just refuse to change Old bills that can be stained due to mildew?, when stored in damp places. That was a major concern for some Officials on how to store millions of dollars, free of aging and staining

Back