Olivo

wiley2816

Registered
I'll be staying in the Olivo neighborhood for six weeks with a host family. What are the positives and negatives about this area? Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Nice area. We have a house in Olivos. There is a good cafe shop near South of the pargue. The pargue has a artist market. Taco Box is under the Tren de la Casa for good mexican food and my favorite pizza place is La Favrolla ? sp on Malpu.

Don't make the mistake of asking for "Aceite de Olivos" in a restaurant. It will let everyone know that your castellano is absolute crapo. Believe me.

Wow. Thanks to everyone. Mi espanol es muy malo. Fortunately, I'll be living with nice people who, I'm sure, will show me some of the ropes. Oh, and sorry...yes...Olivos. Thanks again.

I work in Olivos and will check out taco Box under Tren de la Costa muy pronto!

I agree taco box is ok, but it is just average here in BsAs and crap compared to the US. I go here sometimes for tacos or burritos when I dont feel like cooking my own.. Their margaritas suck. Another place for mexican that is near and is ok is Glitter, at Maipu 1110, Vicente Lopez, also a little better than the typical Argentine take on Mexican food.

Back