Open A Us Bank A/c In The Us

Charles Schwab does not open bank accounts for foreigners. Even for american citizens they require to have a normal residential address in the USA.
Maybe but you should review the application. It asks for citizenship of what country and an ID. USA or Other.
http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/client_home/forms_applications

perhaps in the past it was possible for a foreigner to open an account in US banks but now days with the
Homeland security and other scrutiny many red tapes being imposed. I believe as la coqueta written, it require a US social security number plus local driver license...
And if you folks have one opened easily in the past/present then but can assure you that the NSA is ever watching your guys banking activities. ! Me thinking.

Arg family opened a Citi account in the US last year in Miami while on vacation
Used Arg passport only

You can open a bank account in virtually any bank in the US if you are a foreigner if you get an ITIN number. This is a tax number for foreigners. Unfortunately, to get the ITIN number, you have to send in your passport to the IRS along with a form from their website.

If not, then Citi will open an account for you without an ITIN. I have no idea how that is done because my accountant is doing it for a friend of mine. Apparently, you do not even need to be in the country to do it.

You can open a bank account in virtually any bank in the US if you are a foreigner if you get an ITIN number. This is a tax number for foreigners. Unfortunately, to get the ITIN number, you have to send in your passport to the IRS along with a form from their website.

If not, then Citi will open an account for you without an ITIN. I have no idea how that is done because my accountant is doing it for a friend of mine. Apparently, you do not even need to be in the country to do it.
The only way to open a US bank account without being there in person is if a local bank, for instance Citibank in Arg, opens an account for you in the US, they do this for VIP clients or if the account is a corporate account. You do not need an ITIN to open a US bank account, you just need your passport and to do it in person.

Job done, couldnt be easier. Passport and dni needed. Email correspondence only and they will attempt to email a bank card in a plain white envelope to BA. Lets see how that goes, otherwise very easy.

There was a queue of spanish speakers in the bank, very familiar with argentine dni's. Heard more spanish than english!

Webt to Chase. I'd say this a growth business for them! All smiles.

The only way to open a US bank account without being there in person is if a local bank, for instance Citibank in Arg, opens an account for you in the US, they do this for VIP clients or if the account is a corporate account. You do not need an ITIN to open a US bank account, you just need your passport and to do it in person.

My accountant can open a Citi account and you do not actually have to be in the U.S. I don't know how he does it, but I can confirm for everyone that he can do it because my friend just showed me his Citibank debit card the other day. Last year my wife tried to physically open several bank accounts in the US with her passport and was unable to do so without an ITIN. Almost all banks will ask for one from foreigners nowadays, unless that changed over the past few months. Citi might be an exception as we didn't attempt there, but we tried bank of america, other banks that I can't remember, and even credit unions.

The downside to a US bank account is that they nickel-and-dime you to death with small charges. That's why we do most of our banking with the credit union, though Citibank has our mortgage.

You don't need an ITN and tons of banks will do it. However everyone I know did do it in person so I don't know how it is to do it remotely. No problems at all. Esp if you go to Florida, they are very used to foreigners opening accounts. ;)(

Back