Open mic night for musicians?

Delaluz26

Registered
Hi! I searched old threads and it seems like there is nothing in this decade about open mics. I'm looking to perform some of my folk tunes (in English) at an open mic in BA and wondering if any of you have any recs. I don't have a demo or recordings yet so anything that requires that I won't be able to do. I'm looking for more of a traditional, show up and sign up kind of venue. Thanks!

A friend sent me a link to this place. Club Alberdi, White 1041. The last event was Saturday March 4, at 1:30 in the afternoon. Pena de Los hermanos Vazquez. Looks like you have to pay 800 pesos.

Last edited:
I've done that but the one's i found weren't actual open mics like i'm looking for. they require demos or samples of work and i'm looking for a less professional just anything goes event:). something I'd find all over Chicago (where I'm from). I realized I may just have to wait until my next trip back to the states to fulfill this idea...thanks for your suggestions.

Sorry, I was being facetious.
I was only being semi-facetious.

If, as a muso, the OP hasn't invested a bit of time to see what's going on down in the Subte and on board the trains then they really ought to. The performances range from the truly awful to absolute brilliance with some up and coming artists using their spot to sell CDs and other merch.

Jump into a carriage with your instrument or your boom box and begin to perform. If you are awful or just not playing stuff that the passengers like, they will just ignore you so no harm has been done and you can get out again at the next stop with your dignity intact. But if they like you, they will applaud, maybe offer you pesos or ask where they can hear you again. Consider offering a QR code which links back to your music.

Back