Opera Tickets

TomAtAlki

Registered
I have season tickets to the Met Live Opera series. These are live broadcasts of the Metropolitan Opera in NYC which are broadcast to hundred of theaters around the world including the Theater El Nacional on Av Corrientes. The broadcasts are excellent with excellent sound quality.

My seats are row 7, seats 7 and 8 which I think are perfect. Close enough so you feel like you are at the opera but not too close. The seats are in the center of the theater.

Theses are some of the best opera performances in the world with absolutely first rate casts.

Mar 11 - La Traviata

It starts at 3PM.

We paid $35US a ticket when we bought season tickets. Pretty sure they are $50 for individual tickets. Anyway, $70US (or equivalent in pesos) OR BEST OFFER. I need to sell in the next couple of days.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Best,

T/

[email protected]

I have season tickets to the Met Live Opera series. These are live broadcasts of the Metropolitan Opera in NYC which are broadcast to hundred of theaters around the world including the Theater El Nacional on Av Corrientes. The broadcasts are excellent with excellent sound quality.

My seats are row 7, seats 7 and 8 which I think are perfect. Close enough so you feel like you are at the opera but not too close. The seats are in the center of the theater.

Theses are some of the best opera performances in the world with absolutely first rate casts.

Mar 11 - La Traviata

It starts at 3PM.

We paid $35US a ticket when we bought season tickets. Pretty sure they are $50 for individual tickets. Anyway, $70US (or equivalent in pesos) OR BEST OFFER. I need to sell in the next couple of days.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Best,

T/

[email protected]

I am confused. This is for the broadcasts shown in cinemas? You are charging $70 US for a ticket?

You could go see it in person at the colon (it opens on September 12th) for that price. Not from the best seats obviously but not from the worst either.

$26; $24 seniors ($60 +) in San Francisco for RUSALKA live from the Metropolitan Opera.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/the-metropolitan-opera-rusalka/showtimes/the-metropolitan-opera-rusalka/2017-02-25/amc-van-ness-14/all/46950967

Dear people. This is Argentina. The tickets are $35US each (or best offer) It is not in the Colon. It is a live stream from the Metropolitian Opera in NYC to a theater on Corrientes with a big screen and a great sound system. It is a live broadcast of one of the great opera companies in the world. The theater is usually sold out or close to sold out to crazy, rich, opera lovers. If it's too much money for you or you are not interested, that's fine. I'm just selling 2 tickets that I won't be using because I'm traveling. If no one buy's them I will give them to someone who will appreciate this opera.

T/

Dear people. This is Argentina. The tickets are $35US each (or best offer) It is not in the Colon. It is a live stream from the Metropolitian Opera in NYC to a theater on Corrientes with a big screen and a great sound system. It is a live broadcast of one of the great opera companies in the world. The theater is usually sold out or close to sold out to crazy, rich, opera lovers. If it's too much money for you or you are not interested, that's fine. I'm just selling 2 tickets that I won't be using because I'm traveling. If no one buy's them I will give them to someone who will appreciate this opera.

T/

Yes I think we understand the above. What astonishes me is the exaggerated cost of the tickets. I'm not blamimng you. I just can't believe that a live stream video broadcast costs so much more in BA than it costs in San Francisco! WHAT makes it so much expensive in Argentina.

By the way, I very much doubt that everyone who goes is rich. I think they are opera lovers who, if not well off, will sacrifice for something they value.

Yes I think we understand the above. What astonishes me is the exaggerated cost of the tickets. I'm not blamimng you. I just can't believe that a live stream video broadcast costs so much more in BA than it costs in San Francisco! WHAT makes it so much expensive in Argentina.

By the way, I very much doubt that everyone who goes is rich. I think they are opera lovers who, if not well off, will sacrifice for something they value.

The Met broadcasts here are sponsored by Fundacion Beethoven and they set the prices. Once inflation really took off a couple of years ago, the prices increased substantially every year, and continue to do so. I'm not in the least surprised that tickets are US$35.00 each. Still, as Nancy and Tom said, what one gets at these live broadcasts are, for the most part, great singing performances, not mention hearing the finest opera orchestra in the world. As a long time Met subscriber in NY (30 years worth), prior to my relocation to BA, I find the live broadcasts are just as good, if not better, than sitting in the Met itself. In fact, I have a friend who works for the Met in NY and she no longer goes to the live performances, for the broadcasts provide her with almost cinematic camera work and sterling sound that afford her the feeling that she's sitting in prime orchestra seats. I couldn't agree with her more.

Back