Opera Tickets

The issue isn't the quality of the Metropolitan Opera. The extraordinary price is the issue here. It's just hard to understand why it should cost so much more than in the US.

The issue isn't the quality of the Metropolitan Opera. The extraordinary price is the issue here. It's just hard to understand why it should cost so much more than in the US.

Because they have fixed costs to enter the Argentine market. Getting IP protection, getting deals with distribution, and all that while also having a smaller audience than the US means fixed costs that aren't so obvious will be greater expressed per ticket.

I have continued to follow this post only because it's hard to believe that some are still shocked by the fact that prices don't always make sense in Argentina.

That said, I'm sure The Met has something to do with setting the prices. They are selling a premium product and price accordingly to recoup costs and assert the value of their performances.

I have continued to follow this post only because it's hard to believe that some are still shocked by the fact that prices don't always make sense in Argentina.

That said, I'm sure The Met has something to do with setting the prices. They are selling a premium product and price accordingly to recoup costs and assert the value of their performances.

So the Metropolitan Opera Company is responsible for the high price? They charge more to broadcast to Argentina?

So the Metropolitan Opera Company is responsible for the high price? They charge more to broadcast to Argentina?

I guess there are copyright fees, rental costs, local taxes, etc.

Anyhow, all I read are rants and hardly any comment on the issue itself (anyone wants the tickets? price was not open to debate) or the quality of the show or constructive educated comments on the opera.

Yes does anyone want the tickets? The price was (is) open to offers.

I still have 2 tickets for 13 May, Der Rosenkavalier starring Renée Fleming. Should be good.

Make me an offer if you have any interest in going.

T/

[email protected]

I can not believe that there is no one is this group that wants to go to the opera and see Renee Fleming. Unbelievable!
Nancy

I can not believe that there is no one is this group that wants to go to the opera and see Renee Fleming. Unbelievable!
Nancy

I saw her last year at the colon, she has a beautiful voice and hearing her in person was so much fuller than on my iPod.

To be honest I think you're having trouble selling these tickets because most of the people who would be interested are taking advantage of the culture available in this wonderful city of ours.

I know I was not the only English speaker at her show last year and wouldn't be surprised if other Baexpats were in attendance as well.

Back