Orthodox Church

nicorific

Registered
Hi,

I am looking for an orthodox church here in BA to celebrate the Easter.

If any of you has some info regarding this or about some orthodox communities, please share!

Any orthodox people around? :)

Thanks!

I was today at the San Jorge (saint George) Orthodox Church that is located in Av. Scalabrini Ortiz 1253, close by Av. Cordoba. Full of Candles and incense today

There is a Russian Orthodox CHurch by parque Lezama, in the south side of the city. The one by parque lezama is worth visiting since the Russian government provided the materials and funds to build it -I think around the 1920's-, and it pretty grand. I did not know about the cathedral in Nunez!!!!!

Hey! Thanks a lot for your information.

I visited the one in parque Lezama and it is very beautiful. These days I will check the cathedral and the other one in Scalabrini Ortiz as well.

After all there are enough choices for spending the Easter in an appropriate way. Thanks!

Thought you were Romanian. You might want to try the Romanian mass. It's not technically a church, just a building where people meet for mass and, I suspect, post-mass chit-chat.
Here you go:
Guemes 2962, tel: 4823-0804.
It's in Barrio Norte and I do advise you to call first :)

Great info! Thanks a lot! Yes, I am from Romania and it's very nice to see that actually there is at least a Romanian mass I can attend these days. Christmas, Easter abroad really makes me homesick :)

Back