Oscar Nominated Films

jantango

Registered
The nominations were announced and the Oscars will be presented on February 22.

The first nominated film to arrive on the big screen in BA is American Sharpshooter. It's also one of the first to arrive at my local video rental shop along with Foxcatcher. Neither is on my list to view. Others will appear soon, I'm sure of it.

The first nominated film to arrive on the big screen in BA is American Sharpshooter. It's also one of the first to arrive at my local video rental shop along with Foxcatcher. Neither is on my list to view. Others will appear soon, I'm sure of it.

The American Sniper Film was pulled of the screens in Baghdad due to the turmoil among viewers ....Consider to be anti Islamic :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99k3u9ay1gs

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]“because the hero of this film boasts of killing more than 160 Muslims,” according to a theater employee.[/background]

http://nypost.com/2015/01/29/american-sniper-thrills-audiences-in-iraq/

Watched American Sniper. Awesome movie. Not sure about American Sharpshooter though, when are they releasing that one?

Edit:

I've heard Whiplash is a pretty decent movie. Haven't watched it myself but they're showing it in some theaters here.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is a pretty good movie. Its funny but its visuals are what's really amazing.

I believe you are referring to AMERICAN SNIPER. There is no film with the title AMERICAN SHARPSHOOTER.

BOYHOOD, THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL and WHIPLASH, along with AMERICAN SNIPER, are currently playing in Ba theaters.

THE IMMITATION GAME and THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING open next week, Thursday, 5 February.

BIRDMAN opens the week after next, Thursday, 12 February.

SELMA will open of Thursday, 19 February.

These are the eight movies nominated for Oscar's Best Picture award.

Don't waste your time with The Imitation Game. It's pitifully inaccurate and crafted specifically for the purpose of fulfilling the "formula" to win academy awards. And Cummerbach really fumbles the role badly.

I love the gran budapest hotel movie, but relatos salvajes has the typical format of the movies that get awards nowadays.

Watched American Sniper. Awesome movie. Not sure about American Sharpshooter though, when are they releasing that one?

Edit:

I've heard Whiplash is a pretty decent movie. Haven't watched it myself but they're showing it in some theaters here.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is a pretty good movie. Its funny but its visuals are what's really amazing.

I thought "Budapest" was great. I'm always on the lookout for the next Wes Anderson movie.

I did not like the Grand Hotel Budapest and liked Relatos Salvajes although I suspect there must have been other international movies better than that. I mean, Relatos Salvajes is ok but I imagine others would deserve it more.

Back