Oscar Nominated Films

Going to watch Whiplash this weekend, like the cast and the reviews and subject matter have piqued my interest.

Will probably watch American Sniper, but I'm a bit queasy about the idea of it. I've read a bit about Kyle and to be honest, his personality and motivations are not something I can get on board with. Still, I reckon it's a good picture, to be enjoyed as a standalone piece rather than get bogged down in the rights and wrongs.
If you are a drummer you might like Whiplash. I'm not, I hated that movie. [really hated it]!!

I had the pleasure to see :-

"The theory of everything" last evening on the life of scientist, Stephen Hawking.

Loved it! Highly recommended.

Saw American sniper last night. I thought it was very good but could have been better. Kyle's character was great but everyone else in the film was completely flat. I couldn't feel anything when the people died because they were never fleshed out into real people. Still a good film but felt like there was some missed potential.

Relatos Salvajes Received the Goya Award in Madrid as best I,A. Movie..

Here's how I rank them (ex Selma, which I haven't seen), for the Best Movie Oscar:
Birdman > Whiplash > American Sniper > The Grand Budapest Hotel > Boyhood > The Theory of Everything > The Imitation Game

Best movie of the year (by far) was Nightcrawler but didn't get nominated because it's not sentimental, politically correct, or "feel good" enough for the dumb Oscars.

Here's how I rank them (ex Selma, which I haven't seen), for the Best Movie Oscar:
Birdman > Whiplash > American Sniper > The Grand Budapest Hotel > Boyhood > The Theory of Everything > The Imitation Game

Whiplash will win Best Film...!

Back