Outside the city hikes?

sabinabowler

Registered
My husband and I are outdoor people living in Capital and we are really missing going on some good hikes. Does anybody know of any good hikes no more than a couple hours outside of the city by car? We have also been to Tigre and the islands several times. They are gorgeous, but we are looking for something a little more challenging. Also, any camping?

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, there aren't many places to hike that close to BA. Sierra de La Ventana is about the closest place you can do any real mountain hiking that I'm aware of and it's much farther than 2 hours from Capital. There are some nice sierras in Uruguay but I've never hiked there.
You might do a search of provincial parks in Buenos Aires province and there could be some hiking and camping there.
I'm a big hiker too and I get very "antsy" in BA when I'm there due to the lack of places to get out and hike. The reserva ecologica helps me to deal with it better though.

They also do night hikes out to the river through a reserva ecológica in zona norte —in Martínez I think. Perhaps somebody has the exact info on this, otherwise I can ask the friend of a friend who took us a couple of months ago. It was really a beautiful walk!

RichardP said:
Unfortunately, there aren't many places to hike that close to BA. Sierra de La Ventana is about the closest place you can do any real mountain hiking that I'm aware of and it's much farther than 2 hours from Capital. There are some nice sierras in Uruguay but I've never hiked there.
You might do a search of provincial parks in Buenos Aires province and there could be some hiking and camping there.
I'm a big hiker too and I get very "antsy" in BA when I'm there due to the lack of places to get out and hike. The reserva ecologica helps me to deal with it better though.

Hey thanks for the tip. The place looks beautiful. It's just such a shame with such a gorgeous country that this city is located in such a boring outdoor area. Yeah, we go running around the reserve all the time. We were just hoping to find a day trip because of our busy schedules. Oh well, I guess we'll have to take a few days off to drive across the province...haha.

Back