Over 417,000 foreigners cleared to vote in City of Buenos Aires without prior registration

Since I obtained permanent resident status last month, I thought maybe I could vote in the PASO. No such luck. The reference to foreign permanent residents being registered "automatically" is misleading, IMHO. No registration for me in the Padrón. I will check from time to time, to see if I make the registry before the November election.

As a permanent resident I registered to vote the other day, apparently at Cordoba 1601. I'm still not up to speed regarding the rules pertaining to permanent residents voting. Only municipal elections? Mayor? I'm aware I am not able to vote for president. Thanks for any pointers!

As a permanent resident I registered to vote the other day, apparently at Cordoba 1601. I'm still not up to speed regarding the rules pertaining to permanent residents voting. Only municipal elections? Mayor? I'm aware I am not able to vote for president. Thanks for any pointers!
Who can vote in the City of BA?
....Foreign-born persons who are 16 years old at the time of the general elections and who have a DNI with domicile in the City and permanent residence may vote for local offices. In both cases, upon meeting the requirements described above, registration in the Voters' Registry is automatic....
Provisional Electoral Roll
180 days before each general election, the Electoral Justice enables the consultation of the provisional voters list to verify that we are correctly registered and, if not, to claim our inclusion or request corrections. When it is enabled, we will inform here the pages to make the consultations.
Definitive Electoral Roll
The definitive electoral roll will be published at least 30 days before the date of the PASO elections.

Elections 2023
In the City of Buenos Aires, paper ballots will be used for national offices and a single electronic ballot (BUE) for local offices.

Simulate your vote
Quick guide to vote with electronic ballot in the Elections to local authorities of the City 2023.

The City of BA 2023 elections:
August 13....Primary election (PASO)
October 22....General Election
November 19....Possible run-off election

Where Do I Vote in the City of BA?
Poder Judicial de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires

CONSULTA AL PADRÓN DE EXTRANJEROS Y EXTRANJERAS

Automatic Google Translation:
31 July 2023
The step by step of how to vote with the single electronic ballot that will apply in the City of Buenos Aires. The government will install a thousand machines in the streets to teach people how to vote with the electronic ballot. It also made available a link with a simulator with the actual names of the candidates, political party affiliations, and their photos....https://simulador.buenosaires.gob.ar/#

I checked and I'm in the padrón, will be reluctantly voting for the god awful candidates next Sunday 🙃

Back