Overheating in public places

chris

Registered
I thought high prices would discourage overheating but that isn't necessarily the case. Yesterday Patio Bullrich was like a furnace. A shop assistant told me she has repeatedly complained to management but they refuse to turn the heat down. She said it's hot every day. Same at Gato Negro on Corrientes -- but some apartment buildings are not turning on central heat due to high costs and people not paying "expensas". I still see some of those high intensity, fry you alive, outdoor heaters. They must cost a fortune.

I go to Patio Bullrich all the time, it doesn’t seem hot to me. Maybe you’re used to colder temperatures.

I love winter in Buenos Aires. Outside. Inside , its Dante's Inferno. Its so friggin hot. I wear summer tops under my light jacket for indoors. I went to Museo Sivori last week. It had to be at least 95f inside the exhibit. And yet the porteǹos never take their jackets off.

Was literally saying this to my husband last week. We went grocery shopping and I wore shorts and a t-shirt and him pants and a hoodie. He said it's cold outside and I told him I'm more concerned about the heat inside since people put the thermostat to 90 once it hits 65 outside here.

We both (along with other customers) were sweating away in the 30 min long line, you know, the other Argentine national sport 😅

It was the same today in a cafe at Retiro Mitre Station. I couldn't stay. I guess people are willing to pay the high energy prices so that they can have 85F temps inside.

Back