Overseas Airline Tickets in One Payment no Cuotas

Is one waving a red flag paying for flights online with a foreign CC? Does anyone check for unpaid taxes?

That money doesn't go through our Central Bank and I don't see how that could be a red flag for this country.

That money doesn't go through our Central Bank and I don't see how that could be a red flag for this country.
It would be easy enough for AFIP to stop passengers and demand to see how they paid for their flights, AFIP are all over you if you want to take a car on the ferry to Uruguay, for example. But if nothing like that is happening at the airport that’s fine.

It would be easy enough for AFIP to stop passengers and demand to see how they paid for their flights, AFIP are all over you if you want to take a car on the ferry to Uruguay, for example. But if nothing like that is happening at the airport that’s fine.
I believe in being cautious with AFIP, but this, in my opinion is overboard to worry about. It can easily be explained by:
- Someone else paid for me
- Used my airline miles
- Won the tickets
- Work paid
- Voucher from canceled COVID flights
- Etc.

AFIP is too busy trying to find people with physical/fiscal residency here stashing money in Punta del Este and Miami to look for some retired exapt or Argentine remote employee paying for flights in dollars that didn't enter the country. Imagine what they'd catch if they simply hung out around Florida Street and followed guys in suits?

Back