Overstaying visa?

MissEmma

Registered
Hi guys, I have a friend who overstayed her visa by about 6 months. She's going back home for a couple weeks and then plans on coming back to BsAs. My understanding is that she should be fine after paying the fine, but she's all freaked out because things have been a little restless here lately.
Anyone dealt with this recently?
Thanks!

We are leaving in a couple weeks, too, and would be curious if anything has changed in terms of paying the fine...

I don't think anything has changed in terms of paying the fine and I have yet to read about anyone getting their passport stamped with the dreaded five year ban on reentry...at least not at the airport.

To MissEmma, If your friend pays the fine and she sails through migraciones as she proceeds to the gate, she probably shouldn't worry about returning in the future, either.

I overstayed by about 3 months last time (for the 2nd time) and paid the fine at EZE - all very painless and fairly quick, about 20 minutes all told. A month away and back in and another 90 days no problems, didn't even ask me how long I was planning on staying.

What is the fine currently for under 18's who overstay the 90 day tourist visa.... My three children (15, 13 and 8) are all about 90 days over the original 90 days. We are leaving next week for vacation.

Do you mean "our" three children or just 'your" three children?

If you are a single parent the fee/fine should be 300 each for each child...as well as the same for you.

If you are traveling without your spouse you will need written permission from her/him to leave the country with the kids.

I over stayed by 18 months my 1st time, and by 2 years my 2nd time. I just got back a week ago, and had no problems at all.

My wife, 2 kids and I left on Monday after overstaying our visas by 7 months. We went to migraciones at Ezeiza, paid our fines at the Banco de la Nacion and got a "Buen Viaje!" with a smile in about 1/2 hour total. No problems whatsoever and, yes, we can return whenever we like. Just make sure you hold onto your receipts for check-in and, later, for migraciones right before the gates. Had a great time in Argentina but are happy to be gone and back home.

There shouldn t be any issue.
If they stamp tour passport, it is illegal. A banns needs of a fair trial before, they cannot just do it.
However, SC said that when you return you aren t an immigrant, you are an inhabitant and the DNM cannot reject your re entry.
So, keep my mobile and if you have any issue you call me and I enforce your re entry (I charge fees of course).
Regards

thynes23 said:
I over stayed by 18 months my 1st time, and by 2 years my 2nd time. I just got back a week ago, and had no problems at all.

Wow. So I assume of course that you never bothered with the 3 month resets to Uruguay for example?

Back