overstaying your 3 month visa

anner

Registered
I have been told there is a place in BA where you can extend your visa and pay a fine in advance rather than when i leave the country. Does anyone know this place? Or what is best, should i leave the country and renew it that way or go to this place?
many thanks

Last time I left BA, 1 month ago, I had to pay a 300 peso fine (overstaying approx 5 months) I don't know how much the visa extension costs now but if you intend to stay longer than another 3 months I'd just pay the fine and not worry about going to migraciones.

You are soooooooo F'ed!!

I'd try to sneak over to Uruguay on a raft in the middle of the night if I were you. (Don't tell anyone I told you to or they might come and get me too.)

PS- Anner,

If you've already overstayed your 90 days and you just one to pay one time, just do it at the airport. Going to Migraciones is a huge waste of your time.

EZE
EZE
EZE
EZE

It's not when you are getting arrested or if you ever want to become a resident.

If you dont care about those 2 reasons you should just pay the fine when you leave

anner said:
I have been told there is a place in BA where you can extend your visa and pay a fine in advance rather than when i leave the country. Does anyone know this place? Or what is best, should i leave the country and renew it that way or go to this place?
many thanks

You can go to the office of migraciones on Antardida (a short walk from the Retiro station) to get a 90 day extension of your tourist visa. You will ask for the "prorrogas de permenencia" and pay a 300 peso fee (not a fine). Be sure to go before you present visa expires or the extension will not be granted and you may be given 10 days to leave the country (then you will have to pay the fine when you exit, but you can still go to Uruguay and return the same day...on a new 90 day visa).

Hi guys,

I've read that the fine for the MERCOSUR citizens is 100 pesos. I'm a Chilean citizen... does this count? Chile isn't part of MERCOSUR but gets a lot of the perks as a semi-member observer.

I am here on my Chilean passport.

Thanks!

Back