Palermo wine shops

sgarlow

Registered
Looking to do some browsing today. Does anyone have any favorites?

Palermo is a big area, but...

1) Av Las Heras 3500 block (b/n Paunero & Scalabrini Ortiz) across from Parque Las Heras

SALE! This place is a small shop that has some pretty nice wines and is having a sale through today where you Buy 1 bottle, get a 2nd bottle of the same wine for 50% off. That's a pretty damned good deal.

2) Av. Scalabrini Ortiz ~1600 block (definitely between Honduras & ~Nicaragua, but I think around Costa Rica) on the "odd numbered" side of the street.

This place is in an old building painted yellow (I believe... or at least it was) and has a large number of wines. They have wine tastings most Friday nights (or at least they did in the past) and go from cheap to fairly expensive.

3) Some place around Gorriti-ish between roughly Malabia and Serrano (but I'm thinking more specifically between Armenia & Gurruchaga)... it could even be on Cabrera between those other streets.

Much more upscale setting, and somewhat reflected in the prices. Elegant wine shop.

4) Mercado/Bodega on Darwin ~1550 (b/n Gorriti & Cabrera)

Good deli (for here), Verduleria (in bulk), dried goods, eggs by the 30 palette... but they also have a ton of wines. Mostly big name brands and I don't think that their prices are particularly great or bad or whatever.

It's a good shop to check out and know about.

5) La Cava Jufre (Jufre 201 on the corner of Julian Alvarez... technically Villa Crespo)

http//www.lacavajufre.com.ar

This place is more of a wine bar that opens from ~12pm-2pm during the week so that they can prepare for the night and then is open ~6pm-midnight.

However, they also sell bottles to be taken away and the prices are fairly reasonable for a bodega and extremely reasonable for a wine bar. (I believe that there is a AR$10 corking fee.)

So that's what I've got.

I have seen this place a couple of times, always with buyers inside: EnoGarage Palermo: Segui 3572 (011-4801-8196)

The best wine shop in Bs. As. is Terroir, its at Buschiazzo 3040, which is a 1 block street off of Ave. Del Libertador just east of Godoy Cruz: http://terroir.com.ar/. Alejandro is fluent in English and speaks 5 or 6 other languages better than I speak Spanish. He knows everything there is to know about Argentinian wine and he knows enough about wines from all over the world that if you tell him some bottles that you like he'll be able to find local stuff that you'll enjoy. I've been having him ship us wine periodically for the past 8 years:)

Back